72 Dormobile resto on a budget!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top quality work going on!
Wish I could weld as good as you, still another couple of years owning a aircooled truck will give me plenty of practice :lol:

krusty said:
Top quality work going on!
Wish I could weld as good as you, still another couple of years owning a aircooled truck will give me plenty of practice :lol:

cheers dude there's much better welders on here than me though! Mines a bit skitz I have good days of it and bad days.

I find 99% of welding is grinding prep, I like having the power quite high to get good penetration and pulse weld everything less than 2mm thick works for me.

vertecal said:
bluenose said:
Time for an update after a few cold winter nights spent in my garage I've managed to take a few steps forward and several backwards;

lower inner front panel and end pieces ready to go;

Good work!
Where did you get these end pieces from? I have just done the same job on my 69 and had to fab my own as I couldn't find anywhere that makes them.

D'oh! wish I'd known about those as well, I had to make up my own on the near side and just started on the offside, they look good.
Nice work, keep it up!

I've lost all motivation to do this bus now so i'm breaking it sadly. I've got it on a body roller and can see now the rot just goes on forever and i'd rather spend the time with my kids. Maybe if i can recoup some dough then i'll get one with a not so rotten chassis!

I'm putting all parts up for sale on here before they go on ebay so any requests;

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33258

:( Sorry it ended like this for you - fingers crossed you can pick something up that doesn't require as much work (waiting for Graham L to join the thread ;) )

gninnam said:
:( Sorry it ended like this for you - fingers crossed you can pick something up that doesn't require as much work (waiting for Graham L to join the thread ;) )

cheers mate, oddly the bodies not particuarly bad at all on it but the rot just seems to go on forever on the chassis, I think constant patches over rot by PO's are to blame for the death of this one. If nothing else i know exactly what to look for when i go after another bus! and how to recognise them dodgy repairs.