72 Dormobile(Work in progress)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, sods law but the welder packed up last tuesday which has stalled the entire operation. Not only that but have found out that the reversing lights aren`t working as they should be and after completely rewiring the horn it has put me back a lot :cry: :cry: :cry:

There are gonna be some other bits and pieces to sort so i have had to cancel the MOT :cry: :cry: :cry:

Chin up Al :wink:

You don't need reversing lights for the MOT,so don't worry about them for now.Just make sure the other lights are working ok.Whats wrong with your welder? It could be fixed?

Seriously???? Thats the best news i`ve had all week :lol: :lol: There is a leak in the torch(i`m guessing) and the very expensive poxy halfrauds gas is spilling into the atmos!!! :(

I`ve got a mate coming over thurs night to check it out but for the mean time have one borrowed so hopefully should be sorted for friday( why is it whenever i give a date to when it`ll be finished it never is??? :lol: ) O and i have a poorly N/S caliper(she`s pulling to the right)

To Be Continued......................................................................

Al 8)

On my one if I take the trigger handle apart there is a small plastic gas pipe which connects to the body of the trigger with a simple push connector.If this pipe where to come adrift,gas would leak all the time.

So try taking your trigger handle apart and check the pipe is connected ok.

I`ll check it out tommorow! I`ve had the trigger apart but didn`t really investigate as it was getting dark! Hopefully its something simple or its a phone call to sealey to see if they still do parts for it :cry:

Finished all welding yesterday but unfortunatly burnt through the pipe from the brake fluid reservoir and had a bit of a fire! :evil: :shock: :cry: !!!

Now need to replace pipe and bleed brakes through again!!
Also have a dodgy brake caliper on N/S

Any ideas where to get this bit of pipe from??
And the best way to sort the caliper out??

Cheers guys

Al

Bit of an upate!! As you may have seen in my sig, the bus` future is in dispute at the moment but had a bit of good news friday that may have saved the day!! So i`m getting all hyped up again at the moment and have sorted tyres out for the MOT. So picking them up next weekend.

Going outside in a minuite check out what grommits i`m gonna need for where the brake line goes through the chassis at the rear!
???ANY IDEAS????

Still gotta sort the horn out. Although i`ve had it working its decided to pack up again so should be an easy fix!!

And last but not least go through everyhting making sure it`ll only need to go for a MOT once!!

Cheers

Alex

Another update. I had the van mot`d a while ago now and it failed due to braking, steering and welding issues. I got married in june so the lead up to that meant that the van was getting any atention :cry: and afterwards also :cry: but!! Today i had a good go at it with a mate of mine and we are 50% there on the steering (the draglink, steering box end is becoming a bit of a pain to get out) we`ve got all of the welding finished and have also managed to get the pistons out of the seized brake caliper, so a new re-build kit will be ordered in the next few days with an idler pin kit also! Then that should be it(along with a couple of nylocks here and there! :lol: :lol:

Starting to think about the horrid rear bumper and the daft front indicators now and they will have to be sorted as a priority i think. Its my Bday 4 days b4 vanfest so may have to speak to the wife nicely eh??? :twisted: :lol:

Also have managed to aquire some hardboard from a friend to get some new door cards made up and Niki had a trial fit of the new curtains!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be continued............... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts