72 dormy resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slugmobile

Reaction score
new003.jpg

rear quarter and wheel arch removed ready for de rusting and new metal
new007.jpg

new arch on

new008.jpg

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit man ... what can I say?? Can you take a photo of the back inside where the seat belts anchor down, on the wheel arch I think, got to put some in mine . Thanks Matey 8)

SteveGTU said:
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit man ... what can I say?? Can you take a photo of the back inside where the seat belts anchor down, on the wheel arch I think, got to put some in mine . Thanks Matey 8)
will do mate hope your all ok,do you fancy joining me for a filler and rubbing down party ha ha

latest pics of my resto
chrispics050.jpg

chrispics051.jpg
chrispics063.jpg

romaniavids004.jpg

van005.jpg

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n412/slugmobile/van00[IMG]
http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n412/slugmobile/van010.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;8.jpg[/IMG]
van011.jpg

Blinkin' eck man - very brave with the rear cut :shock:

Comin' on though so keep up the good work :mrgreen:

gninnam said:
Blinkin' eck man - very brave with the rear cut :shock:

Comin' on though so keep up the good work :mrgreen:
cheers dude,had to be done rear roof was rotten and so was the inner rear quarters and window recess's and pretty much every bit of bodywork :lol: :lol: but i can see the light at the end of the tunnel :D

SteveGTU said:
Almost there then Fella, Bit of bling and you're good to go...
gots me rims :D gots me zorst :D ,gone way over budget though so cant get a new interior :( ,just have to do the best with what i have for a while until the bank balence recovers :lol:

You gona show us the painted top yet then ? What wheels did you go for in the end ? I bet you're well pleased to be this far on now, will defo be worth it 8)

SteveGTU said:
You gona show us the painted top yet then ? What wheels did you go for in the end ? I bet you're well pleased to be this far on now, will defo be worth it 8)
gonna get some pics tommorow and will get them up asap,went for highley polished empi 5s,i know everyones got em but its what i have always wanted,getting close now my friend :D :D

hailfrank said:
my hats off to you. i'd be scarred to try anything like that. well done
thanks ,it was either that or it went to the big scrapyard in the sky :( ,didnt want to see that happen.

hi,just got my van back from the body shop today :D :D :D ,now to put it all back together,this resto started march 09 ,i would like it back on the road before march this year :lol: the colours are vw , vapor blue and alpine white,i know another light blue and white bay but its what i have always wanted :D
liz020.jpg

liz021.jpg

liz025.jpg

liz027.jpg

liz022.jpg

slugmobile said:
this resto started march 09 ,i would like it back on the road before march this year :lol:
Looks possible, mine started July 2008 and still not looking good for this year :(

Like the colour combo thought 8)

Nice One Glen, That looks really good bet your well chuffed. 8) I think you can remove the Police aware sticker now :lol:

SteveGTU said:
Nice One Glen, That looks really good bet your well chuffed. 8) I think you can remove the Police aware sticker now :lol:
no way mate thats going back in :lol: :lol: ,am really happy though its come out better than i could have hoped for,me and chris are up his workshop saturday if you fancy popping up for a closer look,you may even want to don some scruffs and help me fitting some bits on :lol:

gninnam said:
slugmobile said:
this resto started march 09 ,i would like it back on the road before march this year :lol:
Looks possible, mine started July 2008 and still not looking good for this year :(

Like the colour combo thought 8)
cheers fella,like ya website by the way,very cool 8)

Latest posts