72 Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keredewor

Reaction score
newbyhall012.jpg
:lol:

.....Did I say only 29k miles from new,,,,,truth

Thought this site was for bays to end 72? and not just low light bays

My bay was built week 40, September 1972 so I guess it fits the year end!!

This is my favourite pic of the interior....which is exactly as it left the factory, complete with the westy cushions!!!

newbyhall015.jpg

the engine is currently out and I am re-building it for another 50k miles!!! so I whacked this in out of the split, just for a while like.

newbyhall014.jpg

Does anyone know how many of these early / late bays were produced? very weird having a late bay with all the characteristics but with early register dates?

Dont worry dude im not knocking your van, i think its a very cool example and mint condish aswell :D just confused on the age and design 8)

Beautiful original van you have there. 1973 model year isnt it?

It really looks like a time warp machine. Whats the history behind the low mileage and incredible preservation?

Is it the lowest mileage and best preserved camper of all I wonder?

Thanks Tricky

Born September 1972........delivered from Westfalia to VW Main Dealer to in UK January 1973.

Very interesting but sad family history, sat in a Nissan Hut in Devon (Dry as a bone) for 23 years with 3000 miles on the clock, gets good use out of me though but it is kept in top condition.

Its like a time warp, everything is as new and exactly as it left the factory apart from the Tracker that has been fitted and the temporary engine.

It could, just possibly, be the lowest mileage, rarest, oldest, original Bay Window Camper van in use (Not stored) in the world!!!..........doesn't matter to me though, I use it and enjoy it......allways

i think iv just fallen in love with ........ your engine lol and that van us just the bollocks mate :)

hiya derek :wink:
bus looking as nice as ever (better than that other old shed you drive :lol: :lol: :wink: )
told you years ago that bays were the way to go (back to !)
maybe we will see you this summer :wink:
weve got rid of our splits now and yes we have an early bay, best thing we ever did, take care
shaun and jo
doncaster
(gruftybuggers)
shhhhhhhhhh :wink:

To my humble opinion,its a '73 model. (early '73 to be exact).Been around probably 2 like that in Bug Jam in FL. But to my eyes it has got to be the most gorgeous,preserved,and head turning bus i have ever lay my eyes on.Except for the '68 original ruby red double door bench seat panel my buddy from high school had.But yeah.Ur bus is a desirable bus.

Latest posts