A friendly warning: please read

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K@rlos

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Westfalia pop-top
Whilst browsing Facebook yesterday I stumbled across a product page called ‘game changing early bay products’.

6E4FA7D5-2139-4622-9A48-B3DB286509BC_zpsa7pfxfec.png

F86406B8-FA00-4A56-9884-2D535BDB3312_zpsfmb2qd4n.png

I had a look and it was advertising an aftermarket engine bar which would clear full flow oil pumps and aftermarket performance exhausts, anyone who knows me knows I do a lot of work on early bays and a great deal of it is installing performance engines so instantly it was of great interest to me. I asked if it would clear original style merged headers like you see on quick beetles etc and to my horror the reply came from the notorious Lee Cooksey, aka Monkey boy.... I’m sure the more elder forum members will remember him from ripping people off by taking their money and never posting the parts.

In response to my question I got told it is designed to clear CSP pythons and vintage speed systems which instantly is a pointless exercise as they are designed to clear original vw engine bars :| For about an hour i tried to get straight answers out of him regarding it working with merged headers and refunds if it doesn’t with no avail, also he wants nearly £400 for this engine bar :shock:

Those who know his name know how much of a lying and dishonest piece of shit he is and to those of you who don’t avoid him, his page and anything he’s selling like the plague. Too many people have been ripped off by him in the past and considering his numerous dishonest dealings and his reckless actions in Ninove a couple years back I’m astounded he has the front to show his face in the vw community anymore

Karl

Great post Karl - he really is a piece of work and mark my words it wont be long before someone has issues with one of these engine bars where his support and help will evaporate like everyones goodwill towards him. You should post this far and wide to make everyone aware

I don’t like slagging people off as a rule but this arsehole is on another level.

I too have seen this on FB as it has developed. He started off canvassing interest quite a while ago on these engine bars and stated that production was "imminent", and I believe the price he touted then was around £200. He wanted deposits to push forward with production but I don't think it worked out as it all went quiet. It's now resurfaced under a different page and name and I suspect that's because either people know who he is, or have now been told. He's a complete fucking dreamer this clown and I agree needs to be avoided like the plague. I find it laughable that he posts up shit like this which is just a drawing, and then advertises the same old shit parts that no one wants saying that he "desperately needs cash". It's doesn't stack up.
That said, maybe it's genuine, maybe he's gone into business with Reezvan....😂

He is a total piece of shit and a bane on the aircooled community, as Stuf says it’s a matter of time until he and his product come unstuck. Im pretty sure he thinks he’s been off the radar for long enough to pry on the newer generation of early bay owners who aren’t familiar with his scams.

If you read one of the posts on his site he mentions be questioned on exhaust fitting issue , you are famous Karl :eek:

I was there going along with it , I was believing that someone had got it going with a bit of research and development, until that name came up, then I realised it’s a drawing. All sorts of experience is available on this site which is an invaluable thing :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, good call Karl. :mrgreen:

K@rlos said:
Lee Cooksey, aka Monkey boy.... I’m sure the more elder forum members will remember him from ripping people off by taking their money and never posting the parts.

Who are you calling elderly? :msn4: :mrgreen:

Yes, he is barred from this site for numerous reasons - key one being non delivery of goods.

Thanks for alerting. If anyone see's any posts from him under an alias on here, please drop me a PM.

Cheers

The bloke is a fucking liar. I never said it wouldn’t work with a Wasp, I was in fact asking him if it would and he wouldn’t/couldn’t give me a straight answer.

I then asked if he had actually tried a wasp with it and I got a bullshit answer that he hasn’t but he shouldn’t see why it wouldn’t fit blah blah blah. If it was anyone else I’d try 1 and send back if not, however with him i know i’d never get my money back or even get a reply.

Love the title of this thread. Not a lot of friendliness going on here folks. Sounds like this bloke has lost a few.... Chill out people and move on, youre getting all wound up again, let's have some pictures of some campers with normal suspension - always makes me feel happy!

Bluesnailman said:
Love the title of this thread. Not a lot of friendliness going on here folks. Sounds like this bloke has lost a few.... Chill out people and move on, youre getting all wound up again, let's have some pictures of some campers with normal suspension - always makes me feel happy!

I’m speculating that you’re not 1 of the unlucky people to have been fleeced by him... I consider it a friendly warning as i’ve been a member of this forum for 11 years, have a lot of good friends who I’ve met through it and I don’t want to see any of them loose nearly £400 to another 1 of his schemes.

Latest posts