a lake in my cab

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMMC

Reaction score
Its been raining up north now for days...I went to get in my bus this morning and the footwell was soaked and there was water dripping from somewhere up inside the dash - still started and drove find as you'd expect.

Anyway it doesn't look like water is coing in from the screen...where else could it be coming from? Anyone else had this sort of experience? Could it be through the front vent??

Could be the front vent, but most likely the windscreen, check all around it by leaving bog roll on the bottom edge and see if it gets wet.

Possibly could be from the door seals, they can make water travel in weird ways if the seal is sitting funny.

Best bet is to fill in the front grill just in case and lower the van as much as it will go so it can sneek under the rain clouds un noticed :lol: :wink:

the bog roll test hey...good call. Maybe I should still one of those puppies behind the dash as well...

Maybe it could be the wiper seals....

These california buses have never seen rain before!

Bog roll? :eek:

Dont you mean H2O absorbancy detection material?

It costs afew quid more and I believe is a whole 30% equa;lly efficient :D

Usual places though and Im sure everyoneis saying the same

Door seals

windscreen seal

air inlet front (pretty but can be wet)

what mods have been done ie aerials etc.....

Dogs pizzle :shock:

Are you parked on a hill with your arse end up? Our back door seal leaks like buggery and we've discovered that rainwater travels in and under the headliner to drip on the dashboard in quite an alarming way. Might be worth checking there too.

OK so it hasn't stopped raining since when?? I feel like I should have bought an ark not a bus!

Anyway the rain is defo coming in the windscreen - through the bottom edge by the look of it. The van is parked on the flat all the time.

Whats the best cure? The screen was changed when I bought the bus and it looks like a new rubber on there.

Thanks in advance.

Bit of a pain, but your best bet is to take the window out and refit it, usually the best way. 8) You can always sneak a bit of clear silicone in there aswell when putting it back in. Get hold of a good quality window rubber tho, that would probably be your best bet. 8)

Cheers easy - that dosn't sound like a job for a novice...I think I may have to get someone to do it for me. Any recommendations for good rubbers?

Not sure actually with window rubbers. I think either status VW or retro dubs have genuine German ones tho.

It only takes a couple of people (3s good if you can!) just go careful thats the main thing. 8)

I got mine from Status, excellent quality , no more leaks. check wiper spindle seals and arial seal if you have one, mine was leaking through both of these. dead easy to replace and cheap too.

Cheers guys - Status also do a deluxe window seal so you can have the chrome insert...bit more pricy but worth it I think. Got a bloke who can hopefully sort it for me.

Latest posts