A tiny bit lower...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbly

Reaction score
I might be a bit too picky on this but was hoping to canvass opinion...

When I first got the bus, as a total newbie, I had it lowered (of course) at a drive in/drive out service. All good, van sits level now with slightly larger rear tyres, etc.

However, at the time, I should have had adjusters fitted (I didn't, just cut and turned).

I now look at the bus and wish I'd gone lower at the front (Bruce Forsythe was right, I should have gone lower). Not too mad, just another inch or so to get the tyres a bit tighter in the arch.

So, do I have a realistic option to drop the front around one inch? I guess I could have the beam cut again and adjusters fitted, drop spindles would be too much (?) or coil-overs for infinite options.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Jim

What front tyres are you running Jim... could you go "lower" with lower profile tyres. Changing/recutting beam is an expensive way to get another 1" down

If I were you I'd just have one adjuster fitted on one tube, that should get you down an additional inch or even more if you want.

Changing to a lower profile tire will make the tire to arch gap larger, which I think is the opposite of what Jimbly is after.

Latest posts