Accelerator cable issues

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim-Bob

Reaction score
Can you still get the acceleartor cable with the wiggle through end where it meats the pedal linkage? as ive bought two one form gsf and one from heritage both listed for my year and theve come with the hoop type fixing . Is there anyway of making the hoop type one fit my bus.

Cheers

What month in 1969 was your bus made in? I got a cable for my RHD 1970 bus which is designed for 8/69 - 7/72 which has the wiggle through end on it.
Is you bus left or right hand drive?

You should be able to get the right cable,so keep trying.

I've just seen from your M plate that you have a RHD April 1969.You'll have to give the parts suppliers a chance to correct the problem,give them a call to sort it out.
Also can you measure the total length of the old cable as this might also help.

cheers ill give heritage a call I have measured the length i will just have to remeber where i wrote it down :roll:

Ive just spoke to them there going to send me a universal one which has the wiggle end on it are these any good?

The universal ones will work as long as you're careful when you cut the end you don't need off as you'll end up with the threads of steel unravalling which isn't good.Use a sharp pair of tin snips.

Latest posts