added air

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidecargezzer

Reaction score
I was just reading a thread on Samba about adding a vent to ad air flow to the engin compartment, thus adding cooling air.
As you might guess opinions varied a great deal, I live in the desert, summer time is on average over 100 degrees so I'm thinking over the idea, have any of you done this? stock 1600 dp on a 71 bus, is it worth the effort?

It shouldnt need it if the engine is stock - they were designed to cope.

If you think the engine is overheating then it would be worth checking with a gauge rather than modifying bodywork.

If the gauge does show its overheating then theres something wrong that needs fixing - adding more air is treating the symptom rather than the cause.

You could always give those plastic ears ago they just clip on the the existing vents here's a link http://bit.ly/129FEHX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thank you, my heating issues seem to be on long hi-way trips in the 100+ temps, so far not over heating to a bad point, just higher than I would think, I keep it in the 60 MPH range, I'm in no hurry. Maybe I need to replace the seal around the motor, looks a bit worn

Try a wide glide sump more oil and being a finned wide sump it would help to cool the oil which in turn cool the engine just a thought

Latest posts