advice needed please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinworm

Reaction score
over the last few months i have bid on various campers on ebay. obviously i haven't been successful as yet, but i live in hope.....not sure if it's me and highly suspicious or what..the last 3 i have lost have all been in scotland and haven't sold for their asking price so haven't been won by anyone.....i need to know if there is a scam going on as i have received emails from the sellers saying for £4500 i can buy the van(s) and have them delivered to my door, but payment has to have been made. every email is identical in wording and the vans have all been in scotland. they are immaculte, and the price does seem very low, especially the 1966 splitty. does anyone know wether i could be right or am i being very suspicious......help :?:

scam....my opinion anyway!
Don't part with any cash without actually seeing the van first...never!
Heard lots with cars that have been 'located in Scotland' too...best be safe and walk away if in any doubt!

Good luck
Al

tinworm said:
every email is identical in wording and the vans have all been in scotland. they are immaculte, and the price does seem very low, especially the 1966 splitty.

I think you have answered your own question there matey. That is one hell of a coincidence if it isn't a scam.

its got scam wrote all over mate. Don't part with any cash until you've seen, inspected, prodded, started her and checked all vin numbers with paper work!! :D or you could be a very sad boy :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

PS..... Good look!!! :p

tinworm said:
every email is identical in wording and the vans have all been in scotland. they are immaculte, and the price does seem very low, especially the 1966 splitty.

Immaculate. 66 splitty. low price.............

3 things that will never be in the same sentence without some kind of catch. Deffo a scam

Also something to remember, another eBay scam is an immaculate bus but to see more pics you have to provide an email address, which they hack and in turn hack your PayPal, be warned :shock:

SCAM ALERT!!!!!!!
OMG! This has scam written all over it. Sounds like basically a half price bus!
If it sounds too good to be true..........! Need I say more.
Alert the media, these scoundrels should be hunted down and appropriate justice metered out in hefty portions!
Oh and good luck with the hunt.

PS, mines available for 7k :mrgreen:

yup I would say scam too.
I saw similar on autotrader which asked for email address. Also had a web link which on closer inspection by going back up a level (ie from \car\vw\golf to \car\) listed multiple folders for different makes/ models and identical contact detail text and request for email address for each one. The images had been nicked from valid adverts - this was another reason that made me suspicious as the garage sign in the pic didn't match the sellers details!!!

some useful info here which prolly applies to ebay also:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/CARS/news/AUTOTRADER/FRAUD/5914.html

they do the same with caravans n trailer tents ,ive heard of a few who have lost 4k... :cry:

please dont buy a van without looking at it :cry: theres a 70%+ chance ul end up with i pile of shit.theres more shit out there than good vans.

i saw this advertised on ebay, a burgandy splitty ,new interior, in good condition £4500. as soon as i saw it i thought scam, but i was getting ready for work, 2 days later when i got home it was gone. now if this was a genuine sale [as if ] then i would sttill be on the back foot, thinking this must be a ringer,. or the floor must be in the garage even if they were desperate for the money you wouldnt sell at less than half price, and if you did as soon as you told your mates one of them would snatch your hand off ..1 dont part with a penny untill youve seen it and it all checks out ..2 if youre not sure what to look for take some one who does or get it inspected by a garage ..3 how long have they had it and why are they selling it .. 4 beware of im selling it for my brother /granny /uncle tom cobberly..any come backs oh you will have to speak to granny....who now resides in the ..upper..rooom..5 if your unsure in any way....walk away....6 and finaly never tell them youve got the cash on you ..you have got too go to the bank.. to get it or its with my brother and when i ring him he will come down the bank is your best bet ..when you know its not going right the people selling seem really dodgy and you just want to get out of there ....its just what im looking for i will be back in 5 mins with the cash ......im outta here... :mrgreen:

Latest posts