Ages

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbo

Reaction score
On a light note I wondered who is the oldest driver of a camper we have, I myself am just turned 76 yrs old and still love driving my van, it still gives me great pleasure and a buzz. Come on bet somebody can easily beat that.

56 and loving it, who cares about age. We both love the bus.
I'm hoping to be buried in mine :lol: :lol: :lol:
Specially after all the work I've put in. :lol: :lol: Coffin saving etc....... :shock: not.

J & P
:D :D :D

Hiya Hobbo, I`m a very very close contender at a super sixty one and am still full of it.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Just changed the bus a bit more too, cuz I luvvvs it. :mrgreen:

sparkywig said:
You're all old.
52, but doesn't act it....

How did I not spot that then ???????????????
You and your picture of your twin Woody (top right) I didn`t realise you was famous ish :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,I bow, Oh famous one :mrgreen:

buddysbuddy said:
43 years young.

Apart from BoggyB I'm the only one younger than my bus so far.

Only just mind...

😂

40 here.. so younger than my bus by 9 yr! :)

Hope I don't hold on to this record much longer, it's making me feel I should be driving a mobility scooter, but sod it I think I'll stick to my crossover much more fun.

I’m 55 and starting to tell the difference between
Grumpy and irritable
I will keep the van for as long as I can steer it!

hobbo said:
Hi hope I have done this correct, thought you may like to see my crossover. Looks like I have don't know how I did it.

Looks great, you obviously like a shiny one. I know what you mean about pictures on here, I’m always surprised if I get a picture on and especially pleased if it’s the actual one that I wanted. Mostly though I end up editing my post because the picture lost its way somewhere between here and there and it’s like a game of cat and mouse then trying to find the bloody thing :msn4:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,works sometimes just for confusion value :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

Hi thanks very much. Looks clean and shiny had just polished it the day before, to go Harewood House, for the Leeds VW gathering about five years ago. Try to keep up to it as best I can to keep the tin worm away. The doors were from Volksheaven quite a few years ago, shipped in from California before the prices went stupid. The rubbers on the doors were just like Bakelite baked in the California sun, added the quarterlights at the same time. It doesn't look quite as good as it did 5 years ago but is still very passable, and quite a good drive with a very smooth gearbox and totally stock as I like them that way, but everyone to their own.

monkeyvanwestybike said:
I’m 55 and starting to tell the difference between
Grumpy and irritable
I will keep the van for as long as I can steer it!

Do what I am doing now, fit power steering!

I'm 50 now and plan on keeping the van as long as I can. Crawling around on the floor isn't as comfortable as it was 30 years ago but as long as I can still do that, even if, as I expect in years to come, it takes me longer to get up off the floor, I'm happy!

I am still known to crawl under the van, nowadays jacked up on axle stands or ramps, but sometimes my wife has to help me get back up. But will keep the van as long as I am capable of driving it.

Latest posts