AndyP Slammed Savanagh Early Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrAndyP

Reaction score
So....Introduced myself on here a few weeks back...

MrAndyP said:
New to E.B so this is my 'HI' My names Andy and i live in derby. :roll:

Just bought a TinTop Savanagh Beige Deluxe. 1969 Texas Import. Took delivery last friday....went straight to Guy @ Slamwerks for Narrowed Beam,Notching etc. Hoping to get it back sometime next week.

Delivery Pic....

Will get some more when its been hit with the lowering stick....

IMG_8941.jpg

And thought id start my own 'build' thread.

As of a couple of weeks back,i got my bus back from Slamwerks. Guy did an awesome job,well pleased with the results.

While it was having the work done i got it registered and got some Black/silver UK plates. Also added some 15" JGE Raders with 165/50 and 185/65 Bridgestones.

This week ive fitted a good second hand pair of US spec deluxe rear lights,as the originals were damaged. also a pair of new front indicator lenses. A front badge and also managed to give her a quick wash.

Up to date pic....

IMG_8971.jpg

Looks awesome AndyP!! Bet your super chuffed with it!! :mrgreen: Gotta love a savanagh!!! ;)
What other plans do you have for it, any interior pics?

Slamwerks 4.5" Narrowed King and Linkpin,with dropped spindles. Not sure how much on the back,never asked. Couple of notches maybe!? its got Adjustable spring plates. Chassis notches Front and Rear.

Thanks for the comment. Exterior wise.....keep it looking pretty much as is tbh. got a rear bumper to go on,just need some irons. New door and window rubbers over the winter. the 41 year old Texas baked ones are letting a bit too much water in... :-/

Ive already been repairing some of the wiring,may just have a new loom fitted though for piece of mind.

Interior.....it came with a pair of front seats (very worn,fecked basically) and some interior panels, no rear seats. and an headlining which was 50% hanging from the roof. Ive cut some new panels,that im having retrimmed. got a couple of ideas for new front seats. will be having a full rock and roll bed in the back. will then be getting a new headlining.

will get a few more pics up in the next couple of days.

nice bus :D Andy, do you live in west hallam ? i think you live on the same street as my mate (black warrior crew cab and white audi a3) I've had a few people say they've seen my bus parked up there ................ but its not mine :msn4:

Ash

Cheers again for the comments. @ Ash....your mate lives opposite my girlfriends house. My bus is parked there. He's only just recently moved there ain't he!?

MrAndyP said:
Cheers again for the comments. @ Ash....your mate lives opposite my girlfriends house. My bus is parked there. He's only just recently moved there ain't he!?

thats right mate, yes. i must now pop round his whem the snow clears, excuse to have a nose :D

Cheers again for the positive comments.

Ash.....Yeah pop over fella. You will most prob catch me working on it when the snows cleared.

Been a while since ive been on here. i should say ive been too busy sorting the bus,i havent....but i have done a bit. cheers for the heads up on the irons. but i managed to pick some up at dubfreeze. they are new pattern ones,about £35 for the pair iirc,and they fit perfect. so the rear bumper is on. changed the tailgate seal,sliding door seal,both front door seals,both window scrapers,door felts and opening quarter felts. Rear deluxe screen seal, big rear side window deluxe seal. other 3 side windows to do. new cab floor carpet. cut all new interior panels ready for retrim. made a front bench seat from a skoda felicia back seat (it looks much better than it sounds) well im hoping it will once its trimmed. Im hoping the interior should be something like in the next few weeks,so will upload some pics when its done.

Andy.

Again....Been a long long while since ive posted,ive fell in and out of love with the bus too many times to remember......ive now owned it for over 2 years,and ive only driven it a handful of times. :-(

Ive been to numerous shows over the past 2 years,but busless and tent in hand. :-(

Its Now stood with No MOT,No 'Free' Road Tax,and still a number of jobs to get it back on the road. Ive now gave myself a kick,and its getting at least roadworthy in the coming months,you WILL see me at a few shows this year......

I cant be bothered to blab on about what i have and havent done since i last posted,but I have taken a few pictures along the way.......ill let them do the talking. :)

Latest posts