Another August 70 - Westy (US)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dd2.jpg

dd21.jpg

dubberdaz said:
You bugger Andy! Just cause i got wood and you ain't! :wink: :lol:

Easy - I think you can get the same as i have from Custom and Commercial dude :wink:

nice one fella, will have a look at me pennies! (think i will do this over the winter time) :D

Easy - They do come up on ebay now and then mate, if i see one i will give you a nudge :)

Clem - Nice pic's, i like the one with my swampy and stitch :wink:

stunning bus! ive got my very own whitey too! (pics to come when get my digi cam back)

what are those cylinder things on the side window, seen them before and think they look cool, just not sure what they are!?

:roll:

Hey Jon Boy,hows it going.will be loooking to buy a van next year i hope i really really hope.You going to come upto Hereford next wednesday for our American dinner meet or what.

Solar Energy! These two little babys are going to mean the end of electric hook up (I hope). Together with the charge i get from the engine whilst driving, these solar panels should give enough charge to run my Fridge indeffinately :wink: All hidden away inside the rack!

Cool beer forever :p
Solarpanels.jpg

dubberdaz said:
Solar Energy! These two little babys are going to mean the end of electric hook up (I hope). Together with the charge i get from the engine whilst driving, these solar panels should give enough charge to run my Fridge indeffinately :wink: All hidden away inside the rack!

Cool beer forever :p
Solarpanels.jpg

Just hope next summer was better than the last :lol:

Good idea - bet they weren't cheap, looking at the size of 'em (the panels :shock: ).

Where did you get them from?

gninnam said:
Good idea - bet they weren't cheap, looking at the size of 'em (the panels :shock: ).

Where did you get them from?
- I was lucky, the brother-in-law sold them to me :wink: (£400 c/w regulator new he told me!)
Not sure but i think you can get em cheep on ebay?

Great idea, will they fit under the roof rack bars? What output to they give? Where are you going to run the wires? Questions, Questions! :lol:

I'm so glad you decided to keep your bus, you would have regreted selling it.

If you need a hand with the retrim let me know, this was my first Bay after I retrimed it:

vwoswestry008.jpg

vwoswestry003.jpg

The covers were provided by Spirit Interiors

Ian :wink: as long as you supply the bacon :lol:

faux said:
Great idea, will they fit under the roof rack bars? What output to they give? Where are you going to run the wires? Questions, Questions! :lol:

If you need a hand with the retrim let me know, this was my first Bay after I retrimed it:
I may take you up on that one Jon :)

Jon, i have fitted them on top of the roof bars. I have no need for the rack with the trailer and the panels can't be seen unless you climb up.
They give out about 1.2Amps each (2.4ish together), the fridge uses about 3/4Amp/Hours so my leisure battery will last at least twice as long as the usual 48Hours on site.
Ran the wires under the rack and into the canvas down into the wardrobe and under the seat and in through the spare wheel gully to the leisure battery!

Quite literally one cool 8) bus.

It will certainly take the pressure off the leisure battery when you haven't got hook up.

Look what Santa got for the bus! A new 12v 17inch widescreen flip down monitor and remote 12v digibox (freeview), been busy installing it all today. Proper pimped up now
12v DVD player is on it's way too....

DSCN0585.jpg

DSCN0582.jpg

DSCN0581.jpg

wow! this bus is sooo gorgeous! have just bought a 69 tin top in much the same condition this started in.have been trying to decide what to do with it as i have cash to spend on it. rat it or restore it? think this thread has made my mind up!! :D

Latest posts