Another August 70 - Westy (US)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
steve92 said:
wow! this bus is sooo gorgeous! have just bought a 69 tin top in much the same condition this started in.have been trying to decide what to do with it as i have cash to spend on it. rat it or restore it? think this thread has made my mind up!! :D

Nice one Steve, i hope it turns out just as you want it. Will keep a look out for your Resto thread! :D

First time I've seen this thread,nice bus there.I like it 8) .I hope to get mine done this good either before March this year,if not drive it and do it next year.

yo dude first post ... :lol: :lol:
hey dude we can watch the grand prix on that big tv... :lol: :lol:

laterz..Greg..........

Daz

Very Nice Bus, just bought a 1970 tintop westy, posted some pics here in the Gallery http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=4911

Out of interest did you buy the rear number plate/surround in this country or did it come with the van cos I want one for mine :D

Graham - Cheers, the plate surround came with the van and is the original from the dealership when bought new. I have seen some aftermarket surrounds for sale about.

dubberdaz said:
Graham - Cheers, the plate surround came with the van and is the original from the dealership when bought new. I have seen some aftermarket surrounds for sale about.

That is so cool, having a bit of history with the surrounds. I think American plates look so cool on US buses.

Just found this aswell (linked for the solar panel stuff) - van looks very very nice - good job!

Thanks Angus!

I have fitted up the grill trim i bought from Kempy, i am very pleased to finally get some! Just the touch i was looking for as i didn't want to de-lux her. This was a VW extra back in the day so is rare as rocking horse pooo!
DSCN0612.jpg

Far too much shiney stuff.....you need some good old brittish rust I think!!!!!! :lol:

Looking good, where are the number plates?

I haven't updated this in a while, but have installed these twin carbs to my 1600tp. What a difference in performance!!! 36 dells on CB hardware 8)
DSCN0943.jpg

Also collected this from Turbo Thomas today, what a work of art!...and it's so shiney 8) Should give the van a little more umph!!! :wink:
DSCN0942.jpg

dubberdaz said:
I haven't updated this in a while, but have installed these twin carbs to my 1600tp. What a difference in performance!!! 36 dells on CB hardware 8)
DSCN0943.jpg

Also collected this from Turbo Thomas today, what a work of art!...and it's so shiney 8) Should give the van a little more umph!!! :wink:
DSCN0942.jpg

I thought you would have got the anusol out and polish that exhaust by now :lol: :lol: :lol: ,
Cheers for sorting these out I started fitting mine last night hopefully finish tonight :D :D

Shaggybus said:
8) westy.
has your tt exhaust started rusting .

First post since 2008 ;) I think Daz sold this about then! :D

Latest posts