Another dizzy twin carb question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hilly_70

Reaction score
Ok .. i saw the previous question regarding the webers ..

But i don't think the Kadrons have the vac take off so whats my options?

Do any of the electronic dizzy's like the 123 provide the advance required without the vac option?

How does the 009 deal with it .. is it centrifugal?

Thanks

Hilly

There is a post on here which dealt with the drilling of the kadrons (or dell's?) to take vac advance, but i can't find it. Someone will know here it is i am sure

You can get the 123 electronic dizzy's with vac advance,without or both(vac and centrifugal).
The 009 dizzy is only centrifugal but its not the choice i would make because of the poor quality and shitty advance curve.

Here is the post about drilling Kadrons with the links to VZI

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11193" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've drilled mine but haven't come round fitting them yet :shock:

I'll let you know the results this summer.

Here is an interesting post about SVDA vs 009 dissies :

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9613&st=0&sk=t&sd=a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Patrice ;)

Do we recon a 123 with centrifugal would be ok then?
For your setup this would would be a good choice!, a little more expensive but it pays itself back in the long term.
And the 123 got a build in swith where you can choose from 10 different dizzys/curves 8)
Believe me 009 dizzys are total crap, unless you can buy a German made one!

Dirty harrys right, don't get a 009 unless its a proper bosch item, i've managed to 'borrow' 1 from my old chap who's had 1 lying around for years. Next step Pertronix electronic ingition kit 8). Repro 009 are like 'Empi' webers..... Crap

Don't get a 009.

I run a stock SVDA distributor with my Kadrons, drilled as per the thread on VZi.

Runs absolutely lovely on my bug, takes a few minutes for the carbs to warm up in cold weather but otherwise it's fine :D

Latest posts