Another ICT question!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fraggle

Reaction score
Hi Folks

I have a pair of ICT for my bus and wondered where the balance pipe goes??

Is it like Kadrons where you have to tap the manifolds or is there a balance port on the actual carb it's self?

I've heard both cases and am a little confused now!

Any help much appreciated and if you can add a pic or two that would be brill.

Thanks. :)

Cheers guys.

I posted the same Q on VZI and got this as a response-

"If you have the EMPI kit then it is a brass tube about 5mm sticking out of the carb at the base, pointing towards about 10 o'clock (with the carb orientated as it would be on the bus).

It is also a take-off for vacuum advance. Something not mentioned in the instructions but very useful! "

I have the empi kit which I must add is shit quality but thats another matter :wink: My carbs have the little brass pipes which I put the supplied little rubber bungs on. In the kit was also a small length of say 5mm rubber hose which I guess could be used between the carbs??

I suppose the 'million dollar' question is......

Should I use these as the balance port if in fact it is a balance port?? or should I tap the manifolds?

Option 2 is obviously more involved than simply attaching the supplied pipe so I would really like to know before I start this weekend.

Anyone got some close up pics of their carbs so I can see any differences?

Heres mine. Looks like there were two balance pipes connected across between the carbs on mine. Maybe the small one is meant as a vacuum take off for a vac distributor? But then why is there one on each carb? Surely you would only need one vacuum take off point?

ICT4.jpg

Ive got twin ICTs too and no vacuum tapping, Ive been wondering about drilling one/two. The small tapping just below the venturi is definitely where a vacuum advance tapping needs to be, the larger manifold tapping is the balance. In looking what I should do with mine Ive come across comments to the effect that a single tapping from one carb will not give a steady signal, the two carbs need joining together to get a right signal to the dizzy, but in a way that they do not interfere with one another, Ive seen opinions that a reasonable length of hose sorts this, but do not have first hand experience.

Latest posts