Any EBr's on here from Romania??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gwar72

Reaction score
Hiya,

Me and a mate are off too Romania on monday in search of a classic/old car (VW or non) to buy and then to start a 10 day europe road trip back to the UK..!!?? :lol:

Small budget but it's gunna be an adventure...!!! :shock: :D :lol:

Look out for us on Ch5's "Banged up abroad"...!!! :lol:

Take plenty of small "facilitation" money to help you at the inevitable police checks and never let anyone touch your credit/debit card.
It is an interesting country, traffic around Bucharest is mental. Will you do the top gear road and don't forget to bring back an old Renault or Dacia.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

jonboylaw said:
Take plenty of small "facilitation" money to help you at the inevitable police checks and never let anyone touch your credit/debit card.
It is an interesting country, traffic around Bucharest is mental. Will you do the top gear road and don't forget to bring back an old Renault or Dacia.

Cheers for the Tips..!! Yes hope to do the the transalvania road but will depend if the vehicle can take it..!!?? Once we find one that is..!!?? :lol:

Gütterßnipe said:
And watch out for Vampires! :evilgrin0041:

Will take Holy Water and a sharpened stake..!! :lol:

Well Romanian road trip over..!!! Couldn't find a car in romania, hungary, germany that was road worthy, in our price range at for sale at the time we were there..!!?? :( But it was a blast...!!! :D

We travelled by 2 planes, 3 airports, 3 trains, 5 Taxis, 2 buses and 1 hire car..!! 8)

Visited 5 cities and past through 4 countries..!!

Landed at Cluc Napoca in Romania. Beautiful buildings there..!!

Then on to Oredea by train to see a Mk1 golf but it had engine problems so didn't buy it. So hired a car to do the Transylvanian highway

Roads were very interesting..!!?? This is a main road but only half a bridge (left side not there) with no traffic control...!! :shock: Roads were very patchy with different layers of tarmac all over so it was a laugh all the way..!! :)

Animals free to roam on the roads to..!!

Some intertesting vehicles..

Artics and carts..

Lovely scenery though...

Roads turned to gravel quite often..!!?? :lol:

Our beast of a hire car (at least it's a VAG..!!??) lol :lol:

Bee stations alongside the mountain roads selling honey..

Mr and Mrs off to the shops...

Ox drawn cart..

7 hrs driving later, shaken but not disturbed we reach the base of the Highway and a hotel...

Then 8am start we headed up the Transylvania Highway 7C from the south heading north...

Climbing up through the valley was beautiful...

Then we went through a bigger tunnel.....

And came out to this (tunnel is on far side of pic that we came through) a massive Dam....

Over the dam we went.... :D

Driving through the tree lined edge of the dam lake...more wild roaming horses

Km markers were a regular sight and handy to see distances

Climbing higher out of the trees...

We did try to find an old dacia like this 8) but no luck...

Video 1

http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/Gwar72/media/MVI_1216_zpsb588868b.mp4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Still climbing

Then near the top we saw this T25..!! :roll:

Then over and down the other side..!! Which was more steeper and twistier so i think doing the road from south to north is better and you then get the impact of the view once at the top..!!! 8) 8)

Video 2

http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/Gwar72/media/MVI_1252_zps718bbd66.mp4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Video 3

http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/Gwar72/media/MVI_1260_zps266ed75d.mp4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It just looked like a Scalextric set below....!!! :) 8)

Looking back up at 1 km of GREAT road..!!!

Still descending....!!!

Then onto the flat road and dodging the road work holes as we went...!!?? Got back to hotel at 9pm, 12hrs experience i won't forget..!!! :D :D

Then next day we caught the train to Budapest stayed the night and then headed for Munich by train going through Austria...

Munich was gorgeous....!!!! :shock: :D

We did see 2 working Baywindows on the 1st taxis ride from the airport in Cluc Napoca but as they all drive like the devil incarnent in Romania i missed catching them on camera (1 was a camper and the other a working (builders) single cab) but from then on only saw T4's and T25's but on the last day in Munich i saw this...!!! :D

So after a week of fun but no sign of a car purchase coming soon we decided to fly back from Munich airport that night ( we had done the train thing and we really wanted to do the rest of the journey by car)..!! We saw some fantasic countryside in Romania and met some great people and have now a contact in Romania that possibly can help with all the paperwork to get a car out next time..!! :D

Here's to Romania road trip part 2 2014....!!!! :lol: :lol:

Wow - quite a trip! Really enjoyed seeing the photos and the videos, they give a good idea of what its like out there. I have thought about taking the bay camping there but have so far chickened out each time.

Thanks for posting/sharing your trip :)

Awesome, what am excellent trip.
I'd love to take the Caterham up that road, but don't think I'd survive the journey down to Romania.

I quite fancy the Ukraine in the camper... Want to see Pripyat, the city next to Chernobyl.

Latest posts