Any interest in new accelerator peddle linkages?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cunning plan

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Clipper / Microbus
I am currently working with a local engineer to fabricate a new linkage for my bus - this bit (which I believe is up to 1972):

Accelerator-diagram-214-721-603.jpg

Image borrowed and edited from VW Heritage

DSCF0092.jpg

I would imaging there would be a massive amount of play in the linkage system if your linkage is worn which would result in your carbs not opening fully. As most people will find, the grub-screws are seized in place which means grinding off and replacing is the only option.

I can't find anyone that already makes it, so instead I am hoping to get a few made up.

Not sure about time-scales, the engineer is currently sourcing the tubel, but says the rest is relatively simple.

Not sure on price yet.

Would anyone else be interested?

Okay so that's a possible three to order then - dependant on price.

cunning plan
sparkywig
Nick-Rackham

The engineer is doing it in-between jobs, so I am just waiting back on the cost for one - which I am definitely having as it's for me. Once he has done the one and has the measurements and specification, he should be able to produce more quite quickly.

I will keep you guys posted. :)

i need the outer part more than the rod really as thats where the wear is on mine,i take it your just getting the linkage done?

I'm fabricating everything circled in green in the top picture - so the tube and the two rods. :msn4:

linkagemod.jpg

this is the collar on mine that has nearly worn thru so if thats there im defo interested :mrgreen:

Funny, just today my resto guy told me I need one of these...he was going to try and weld up my old one but I'd rather have new. Let me know how much and when! Thanks!

How would it differ from this one? http://www.justkampers.com/shop/t2-bay-window/accelerator-linkage-kit-j10875.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Humphrey said:
How would it differ from this one? http://www.justkampers.com/shop/t2-bay-window/accelerator-linkage-kit-j10875.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's a latebay linkage. I'm looking at producing the up to '72 Early linkage rod part.

Sorry... what about this one? http://www.justkampers.com/shop/accelerator-linkage-kit-right-hand-drive-j10672.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No problem. :mrgreen:

I think that is the one that goes under your peddle. :?:

It doesn't look like my old one anyway :satanlook:

Hmmmm.... tricksy! I'll show this post to my restorer and see what he says. Don't count me out just yet! The main problem for me will be time...if this is the part I need I will need it sharpish. How long do you think these will take to make?

No idea bud, the engineer is doing it in-between jobs as he is trying to keep the costs down. I call him every now and then just to nudge him along. As I say, once he has done one, he should be able to bang them out.

would deffinately be intrested in one of these, just depending on the price.

i have replaced all the other parts and this bit is on its way out so would be great to get my hands on one.

Hi 'cunning plan' Im also having trouble with this linkage. I am currently trying to remove it to investigate where the wear is but i'm struggling to remove the linkage. Is it held together with a roll pin or grub screw ? I thought it was a allen key grub screw and i may be right, but what ever is in there doesn't want to come out ! Any help will be much appreciated.

Latest posts