Any interest in new accelerator peddle linkages?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi bud.

It's a grub screw that goes through a hollow centre tube with the two 'arms' either side.

The one on my bus was impossible to get out :(

Hi, thats great, at least i now know what im dealing with ! I may try welding an old allen key to the grub screw and hopefully that will work. I used the same method to remove rounded off door hinge bolts. Cheers :)

thats the best thing about this forum when you get members coming up with a solution for a problem part that cant be readily sourced, nice work.

When this turns into a group buy just start a new thread and we can move it to the services section and link it from this one as well let me know CP. :D

Any ideas on time scale?
The outside arm which holds the rod to the pedal has worn on mine to the last millimeter so im in,,,,,,,
As im guessing sooner rather than later im gonna hit the gas and pull the rod off :roll: :lol:

This is a bit of an old thread guys, I didn't think anyone was interested really.

The engineer did make one for me which looks great. I have to go back to him once I have my bus back as I will mark at what angle the arms need to be so he can drill and tap for the grub screws. When I'm next there, I'll ask again if he wants to do a run of 10 or something.

Sorry, I should have kept up with the thread. I'll see what I can do but it will not be real soon :oops:

No worries matey i can play weld the washer for now :lol:
acca9422.jpg

Not the best view but you can see the spring behind as its sooooo oval :shock:

Would be up for one of these as well, have been unable to source one anywhere else and not getting enough travel on pedal to open ICTs up fully. Any one else with Webers on their early bay had this problem ? Using hex-bar linkage that came with kit from VW Heritage but wondering if bell crank would be better ? :?

I rebuilt my linkage. no welded washers for me, oh no. I drilled the bushes out a little and made up some nylon inserts to run a silver steel rod through. blathered in grease and it works beautifully.

the whole affair is not one of vw's best design solutions.
"Dose right hund drive dumkoffs are in ze hot dry countries like south africa and australia. it vill be ok". went the meeting in Hanover circa 1967 . "Yah, unt anyvay what's the life span of a bulli anyway. It's not like anyvon will be driving them forty years from now"

sannabay said:
the whole affair is not one of vw's best design solutions.
"Dose right hund drive dumkoffs are in ze hot dry countries like south africa and australia. it vill be ok". went the meeting in Hanover circa 1967 . "Yah, unt anyvay what's the life span of a bulli anyway. It's not like anyvon will be driving them forty years from now"

Bloody hell - how did you get hold of the transcript of that meeting? :lol:

Close to the truth though. Vehicle parc (the number of old vehicles out there) was measured in "half life" eg the age at which only half those sold were still on the road. Back then Volvo and VW were top dogs at 14 years.

Most BL, Ford and Vauxhalls were between 7 and 11.

Purplemonsta said:
I know this is an old thread but was any more done on these??
Any for sale??

or even drawings of same so i could get one made :)

Sorry dude, the engineer only made one as he was so busy. He didn't really want to get in to producing quantities of them.

I have the linkage still to go on my bus, loads left to do before I put it on and try it out though. :|

I would be happy to post pictures of the completed linkage along with measurements if you think it will help? :shadey:

cunning plan said:
I would be happy to post pictures of the completed linkage along with measurements if you think it will help? :shadey:

That'd be cool if you could....don't want to take mine to bits till i've got something nearly ready to replace it (daily driver) :D

Latest posts