Any one like Renault 5s ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loxy

Reaction score
Don't see many of these around these days and not your average Renault 5 ;)
30f758ba.jpg

e4af4d77.jpg

There was a guy in some sort of Flamed stretch jeep thing parked there, took phone out to take a pic & I think he thought I was going to take a picture of his abomination. Looked gutted when I took a pic of the "shitty" old Renault :lol:

I have to admit to owning quite a few French Hot Hatches:

Renault 5 Gordini
Renault 5 Turbo
Renault 5 17.GTX (The best 5 due to it's even power)
Citreon Ax GT (So low the biggest expense was replacing the exhaust evry few weeks when they got ripped off by drain covers)
Renault Clio Williams
Renault Clio 16v (my favourit to drive and to look at, great bonnet)

Yet to own a 1.9 GTI Peugeot 205 but it is on my list!

Well France is next door to Germany :mrgreen:

We've had a few in our family. :D

The best one we had was the TX in my pics below, which my brother bought new. It stayed in the family for many years, and I used to drive it often. 8)
The TX had the same interior as the Gordini/Gordini Turbo, with electric windows etc, and my brother had the optional power steering and a spoiler and sunroof fitted.

The TXs are very rare indeed nowadays, with probably only about one a year cropping up on Ebay, if that.

I remember seeing those oddball versions in Spain. :D

img598-1.jpg

img599.jpg

I had a R5 GT Turbo many moons ago, absolutely loved it tried to buy another 1 a few years ago and the prices, like most 80's cars, have gone stupid.
Theres a bloke in Telford that breaks Renault 5's for a living and he has got the only Turbo 2 that i have seen in the flesh 8)

I always loved the Renault 5 but was a bit before my time. I owned this untill selling it to by the van. Was number 6 of 500 made. Still love this car, handled like it was on rails.

untitled-3.jpg

I've driven 1 of those 6R4 metro's, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Enough said :lol:

ive seen a few floating about on the cruise scene over here, they are quick but just look at the body kit, i think its been designed by a 13 year old on acid :lol: .

the funny thing is i used to have a metro when i was a wanky student and it never ever let me down. I hit a post van once and destroyed the whole front end. Bought all the parts at the scrapyard for £50, the donor was the same colour fixed it up myself good as new :D

I too lusted after a R5 Turbo, i saw a 280bhp one once. just lunacy!

OMG - :eek: http://pistonheads.com/sales/1568231.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was a Peugeot 309 Gti fan, had two, great fun.

Nigel

Latest posts