Any one like Renault 5s ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
faux said:
Yet to own a 1.9 GTI Peugeot 205 but it is on my list!

When I was ay Uni in the early '90's, I was in the skydiving club. One of the freshers that joined the club was a Greek lad whose father was some oil-magnet and he just went out one weekend and bought a silver 205 1.9 GTi so we could drive to the drop-zone and back. It was lowered and chipped and I managed to do twice the legal limit in it on the M180 on the way to Scunthorpe. Awesome car!

Continuing on the Metro theme, my mum had the Metro in the piccy below, from new.
Note the ubiquitous 'I love my Metro' sticker in the window, the 'love' being a heart. Ahhh :lol:
I drove many a mile in that car, when learning to drive. I remember the 'L' plates were the magnetic type, the front one usually coming off when reaching the dizzy speeds of about 50mph or more. :lol:

Our good taste in vehicles can clearly be seen in the right of the piccy. That bus was my first daily driver. :mrgreen:

img603.jpg

my french csr criminal record reads 1 205 gti limited sorento green with a few gutmann bits (cost me a fortune in engines :shock: and ended up selling for peanuts with yet another blown head gasket) then after that a mk1 106 rallye in black with white speedline chronos rims. that one spent most of its life on the rev limiter :lol: and never went wrong (must have been built by a german man working for renault)

i had a 5 turbo....one of the last ones.... it was friken awesome!!!! so quick...and it was a stocker....
apparently power to weight ratio it was faster than a 911 turbo!!!!! scarily made of nothing though...if you were to crash at speed i dont reckon there would be much left of you!!!!!

wouldnt want a smash in it :shock: you'd end up with a 14" speaker lodged somewhere up yer arse :lol:

youd probably have to chop one leg off to get in :p

I owned a R5GTT for over 5 years, great fun cars, spent out to make it as nice as possible (original) however made of tin foil so not the safest things....

It got written off outside my flat about three years ago whilst parked :cry: , got paid out and invested in the bus :p

that blue thing is the worst 5 ive ever seen.... anyone remember the top gear 'im a clot and ive ruined my car' section of the show?!?!? fits the bill perfectly!!! :lol:

theres a similar 5 turbo in my road.... but its totally falling apart..... i'll try get a sneaky pic sometime.....

that one was at a open day for safe and sound a few weeks back in st ozzle. Apparently it used to belong to ali g but maybe that was just a chinese whisper on the day :mrgreen:

I got offered a turbo 2 when i was a yts but the 2k a year insurance put me off :shock: so i ended up with a graphite grey 205 xs with all the gti bits apart from the plastic arches and waistband. Murdered alot of novas back in the day with that and nearly killed myself racing a reno 19 16v and a xr2i luckily they handled like a go kart unlike the hedge hugging reno 19 :oops: . Slower and wiser now though ;)

Latest posts