Any trailer guru's out there? UPDATED with pics!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin & Muttley

Reaction score
I've bought a trailer for the van - it has similarities to Westy trailers of old although it isn't a Westy (pics to follow next week when I collect it) - but I don't know who made it.
Below is a picture of a Westy trailer (thanks if it's yours - I pinched the pic from the forum) - my new one has a very similar arrangement with the mudguards and bar from the axle although mine has elastimer blocks at the forward end not the rear. It has wooden panelled sides with the eyelets for it's fitted tarp roof like this one.
IMG_0797.jpg

When I looked at it I saw a manufacturers plate which looked to be in German and said "Lama" or "Lamba" or something similar - I know it's a long shot but does anyone have any idea what I've bought (tricky without pics I know :lol: )??

;)

OK chaps, following on from my "most pointless thread without relevant pictures" thread I've got an update for you.

I went to pay for the trailer today and noted that it is a Remorque Lama trailer - French not German.

Found a pic online that is the same model and colour - it looks like this:

Lama.jpg

Nice retro look to it and about the right age (1970/1971) - was also available in brown apparently:

Lama2.jpg

Delighted to have got such a bargain!

;)

Nice little trailer.....looks like yours has a similar suspension to mine - rubber bands - if you stumble upon a spare wheel let us know I'm finding it hard to find the correct 3 stud 8" luckily the rim splits easy enough making it a simple tyre replacement on the road side...

Araon said:
Nice little trailer.....looks like yours has a similar suspension to mine - rubber bands - if you stumble upon a spare wheel let us know I'm finding it hard to find the correct 3 stud 8" luckily the rim splits easy enough making it a simple tyre replacement on the road side...

That's right, it comes with a full set of suspension rubbers and a spare wheel (only one, sorry) and set of wheel bearings for both sides too!

;)

Latest posts