Anyone else seen the 'new' beetle?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chugsy

Reaction score
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/beetle-nf/explore/gallery" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

your thoughts?

.. its a love child of old beetle and Scirocco ..

.. Not too keen to be honest, its kinda not one or the other ..

Hilly

I actually like it and its a lot better than the current jellymould new beetle

looks very similar to the Chrysler Neon....

to be honest its much better than the previous version, ive never been a fan.

VW had one concept transporter a few years back that was absolutely stunning, but they trashed it probably because it was difficult/expensive to build?. The latest transporter concept is bland as well. I love the new Passat and the CC version but the rest they can keep.

Definately with you on that. It's much better than the previous shape. Seems like they're actually trying to take it back to the original shape but with a modern twist. I'll say it's a grower.

Im bucking the trend. The 'New' Beetle was aping the style and concept of the original in that it was what it was, a cute shaped non-performance car. This new version is pushing too hard in the sleek stakes and taking it too far away. There already is the Audi TT for those who want such a thing.
Keep the Beetle, beetle shaped, I say! :mrgreen:

Looks crap, that interior is boring as hell. Also it's meant to be a retro styled car so giving it a mean and moody sleek look defeats the object. Has anyone seen the new new minis too? :shock: Oh dear. Listerine for the eyes is required.

Would have a Fiat 500 though.

ProfessorWheeto said:
. Has anyone seen the new new minis too? :shock: Oh dear. Listerine for the eyes is required.

.....the crossover 4x4 things :?: ........yep we refer to them as Frankensteins Mini....awful

As for the bugs.....the new german bug was bad but this mexicain thing looks worse but not actually seen one yet...so it may look better in the flesh :roll:

Latest posts