anyone from ipswich ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strongy

Reaction score
im going to pick a boat up on friday and will be staying in ipswich for the night.was just wondering if theres any locals that could point us in the right direction.just want a good night on the town.we want to avoid the places full of 18 yolds and rnb

thanks

chris

I would avoid Ipswich then!

There is a couple of good places to eat tho try "the water Front restaurant"on the docks.

oh dear :(

is it really that bad

cant be worse than lincoln?can it? :mrgreen:

Yes avoid Ipswich. Woodbridge is about 8 miles away though, which is full of nice pubs and places to eat. Plus it's me and Grazy's hood too :mrgreen:

Karl

Ipswich is fine, the docks has loadsa nice restaraunts
and bars.
5 minutes walk up the road from there is the usual cinema complex
(Cineworld) too with nice places to eat outside.
The town centre isnt terrible either but not worth going too unless
its daytime shopping. Its not rough by any means though.

take it easy and hv a good time.
:)

Yeah, you guys are funny, he said he wanted to avoid the 18 yr olds so send him to the waterfront next to the Uni and college ( I guess school's out at the mo though) and to the cinema where the chav boys race their cars and hang out in the car park of KFC.

Don't do a night out in Ipswich if you want to avoid 18 yr olds. Karl's right Woodbridge is nicer.

warwick71 said:
Yeah, you guys are funny, he said he wanted to avoid the 18 yr olds so send him to the waterfront next to the Uni and college ( I guess school's out at the mo though) and to the cinema where the chav boys race their cars and hang out in the car park of KFC.

Don't do a night out in Ipswich if you want to avoid 18 yr olds. Karl's right Woodbridge is nicer.

:lol: but i thought he was stayin in Ipswich and didnt want to drive anywhere ??????
If hes driving then fair enough, woodbridge, waldringfield, Felixstowe - all 15-20 mins by car.

But if in Ipswich, judging by Warwicks comments i see it as a real winner.
Have dinner at a nice restaraunt overlookin the water and 18 year old skimperly clad ladies walkin past
followed by the last Harry Potter film then outside to watch some donuts - luverly. :D

pottinger said:
:But if in Ipswich, judging by Warwicks comments i see it as a real winner.
Have dinner at a nice restaraunt overlookin the water and 18 year old skimperly clad ladies walkin past
followed by the last Harry Potter film then outside to watch some donuts - luverly. :D

:lol: That's about the size of it! Ipswich just rocks.

warwick71 said:
pottinger said:
:But if in Ipswich, judging by Warwicks comments i see it as a real winner.

:lol: That's about the size of it! Ipswich just rocks.

dont ya just know it, plus because hes pikin a boat up that means he like nautical stuff
so the docks is just perfik !!

just watch out if you bump into this fella tho !

hpim3669.jpg

:D

:lol: liking all the comments :lol: .were in the ramada encore hotel and its me and a mate and not the missus and ye we dont really want to drive anywhere as we want to get shit faced.as for food i like my fine dining but my mates a tight arse.i nice place to eat for him is weatherspoons :lol:

Ah cool you are right in the centre of the fore discribed location there, near the doughnut boys and just a stones throw from the red light district :lol:

You're mates in luck there is a Whetherspoons in Ipswich (of course) just head for the Corn Hill and the Market Square, you'll get some old drunks in there, not just 18 yr olds to be sure.

To be fair to Ipswich I'm sure you'll find somewhere nice to eat and drink. Just can't think where off hand.

Good Luck.

sounds like we will end up in a good old grandad pub drinking adnams instead.

thanks for the heads up.i might buy a job lot of saxo rear lights...lexus style. might make a few quid at kickout time

If you just want cheap but good food with plenty of good beers then try the grey hound!
It's 100 times better than a weather spoons and there food is really good.
I go there every week these days, it's a good 10 min walk from where your staying.

My Mrs is from Spalding and knows lincoln well... moved down to Felixstowe 9 yrs ago and says Ipswich is worse than Lincoln :lol:

You could always cruise the double D's but with a boat in tow could be interesting. So just park up and admire the eye candy :D

might have to try the greyhounds for grub

by the sounds of it at least were not going to need a taxi

the good thing with lincoln is theres an old town up the top near the cathedral thats a load of old proper pups and some nice posh totty to oggle.venture down the hill in to town after a few beers thinking your still young and you soon realize your not :roll:

thanks all.managed to stumble on an all you can eat chinky then headed away from there towards a weathspoons in the corner of a square,then walked back towards the chinese stoping of anywhere that sold beer.had a good night and dident find it too chav.
hotel was nice and new and clean aswell so a good stop over all round.

Latest posts