Anyone know who rebuilds solex carbs ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not hard to do yourself and sluicing all the S%£te out of the float bowl is very theraputic.. I did it :D

Right update time, I stripped and cleaned the carb over the weekend, it’s a Brosol H30/31, not ideal for my vehicle but hey ho it is what it is for the time being. Picked up a kit from GSF and decided to strip it and give a good clean as I have been unhappy with the performance of the van etc. Not done many miles since the MOT and none at all for a few months due to the weather so i figured it had got nasty fuel inside.

So I printed up a template of the removal sequence and decided to sellotape the parts to the sheet as I disassembled it to save me loosing anything, this this was a good idea as there are lots of small parts. (zoom in on the Picture Copy/Paste in word etc. then get busy with the clear tape)

IMAG1392_zps20a11a02.jpg

IMAG1390_zps71288d27.jpg

What I found inside was pretty grim :lol:

IMAG1389_zpsd220c86d.jpg

IMAG1388_zps46360a62.jpg

IMAG1387_zpsa99f253a.jpg

IMAG1386_zps0b2583a8.jpg

Just a little cleaner now :mrgreen:

IMAG1395_zpsdcd07ea5.jpg

Looks like I have a 120 main jet, conventional wisdom says this is a little lean for a TP 1600 ?

Used the kit to replace the parts and other than a torrid time getting the tiny rubber o ring over the Volume control screw it went in easy
I started the van up with the default settings and it idles better but needs adjusting now to bring it into spec.

Latest posts