Anyone using multiple leisure batteries?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baldrick

Reaction score
Hi all

Is anyone using multiple leisure batteries? I was wondering if it was worth having a second under the back seat for that extra bit of power?

I've got a 100watt solar panel and the battery is fully charged and I'm losing free electricity!!!!

If I did do you need to have similar rated batteries?

Thanks

whatcha powering dude,,,, a cinema screeen :lol: :lol:
100 watts eh,,,,, like you get from the solar panels on the side of the motorway :msn4: :msn4:

I was looking at solar panels recently. The ones I have seen advertised for camping are very small output but yours sounds more useful.

Hence a few questions :- How big is it? Where do you mount it? Are they very expensive? What control circuit does it have?

Trikky2 said:
I was looking at solar panels recently. The ones I have seen advertised for camping are very small output but yours sounds more useful.

Hence a few questions :- How big is it? Where do you mount it? Are they very expensive? What control circuit does it have?
Hi Trikky2 I see you say you are in SW France, you should get a lot more sun than I do!!!!!

I've got a 100 watt panel mounted on the rear westy roof rack. I got the panel and regulator from eBay for £241 which seemed like a good deal. The controller is just a standard solar controller. The panel does seem good as it charges even in dull weather.

Does this help?

Baldrick said:
Hi Trikky2 I see you say you are in SW France, you should get a lot more sun than I do!!!!!

I've got a 100 watt panel mounted on the rear westy roof rack. I got the panel and regulator from eBay for £241 which seemed like a good deal. The controller is just a standard solar controller. The panel does seem good as it charges even in dull weather.

Does this help?

Yes it does - thanks :) I will have a look on Ebay at solar panels, though fitting would be less simple since I have a full length Viking type roof on my Dormy hence no roofrack.

Yes we do get a lot more sun here, in fact we had a heatwave and drought during april and may. My lawn looks more like the Serengeti and a pride of lions under the lime trees (which had started wilting) would not look out of place. We were glad of some rain and cooler weather so far in june :lol:

Latest posts