• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Autotest motorsports cutdown polo

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uber cool

Reaction score
I've had this sat around too long, I was once into Autotests but now no longer have the time at weekends to compete. So instead of sitting around collecting dust it might be best sold to someone who will use it.

It was an 1981 Derby Saloon, professional modifed and strengthened for Autotest ( see MSA website for reg etc). It used to be fitted with a G40 Polo supercharged engine and had many class wins at its peak in 2002. Since then the engine has been removed and fitted with a late model polo 1.3 injection engine.

It has sat around in dry storage for about 3 years so has collected the odd bump or scrape since these photos, the largest about the size of a golf ball on the top of the passenger side wing, i've repaired this but it need paint to this small area.

It weighs next to nothing and you can easliy pick the rear end up, so with a 1.3 injection motor it goes pretty quick.

To finish it needS the rad and fuel tank fitting properly, headlight and grill refitted then go racing. It does run so you can drive it about and test it on the farm where it is stored.

Before anyone asks I dont have the V5 and the wiring has been stripped back to the engine essentials only, So no you wont have it on the road in a week.

Having said that you could probably get a day MOT for it,

Offer around £450. :mrgreen:

Oh and its on steel rims, not the alloys in the pics!
c523_1.jpg

DSCN0803.jpg

DSCN0802.jpg

Latest posts