Awning recommendations

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kempy

Reaction score
I already have a JK Berlin which is hugh for longer camping trips in the van, however I'm after a weekender.

JK have a new one called the spacemaker ( I think ) but what else is out there ?????

Cheers

Mike

i'm a firm khyam supporter
we've just used the family motordome for the first time and it's brill. lots of space, great colour, easy to erect, fits nice to the van.
super dooper

I have to say that for a weekender the OG Westy Awning is hard to beat....................Put mine up for the first time the other week and its a doddle to fit (even with no instructions :lol: ) the beauty of it is that the tent hangs inside the pole frame and with the groud sheet all-in-one. I found it much quicker to put up than my Khyam family, which in its self is a great awning. Taking it apart is quicker still!

Finding one in good condition is the hard part, but well worth it

CB

Just used my new Khyam Tourer for the first time this weekend. Great .Goes up easily,even I can do it. Just one critisim,and this applies to most awnings Ive seen ,not high enough for someone over 6ft with a bad back. :roll:

Just ordered a Khyam Classic with inner tent & ground sheet - not cheap but i suppose decent quality isn't these days !!

I just got a Kyham Motordome Classic with the additional sun canopy, it is the spuds...

vanwest08newquay.jpg

You can just see the poptop behind the awing. With the sun canopy it makes it a little over 6 metres long.

speedwell68 said:

A bit off topic but I love that camo baja, were they with you?
Do you have a couple more pics of it?

Back to awnings, our Kyham is great, so easy to put up you would happily do it for a one night stop over, probably a bit disappointing for the other people on the camp site though as they don't get to watch the 'one man puts up tent freak show' that you get with separate pole and canvas tents :mrgreen:

Latest posts