Bay Dash Removal Help Please......

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genchy

Reaction score
I need to remove the top metal part of my dash from my Bay to spray it.

Is this easy enough to do? Can't seem to find much on it? :?

Cheers,

Kev :D

easy to do mate, literally just undo all the nuts and its off, is a good idea to get another pair of hands whilst doing it as its a bit awkward.

Worth getting as much off it before removal aswell, and dont forget to number or name all your wires etc. 8)

Genchy said:
I need to remove the top metal part of my dash from my Bay to spray it.

Is this easy enough to do? Can't seem to find much on it? :?

Cheers,

Kev :D

You need to remove the glove box liner and the instruments undo the nuts that hold the foam dash top part, they are all the way along, two of them hold on the dash grab handle. You'll need to be slightly double jointed. Then just undo the screws under the windscreen, if you have a ratchet type screw driver that has a angle in it, the easier it'll be.

Cheers dude, hadn't intended to do this just yet but can't live with the awful blue paint the previous owner painted it :shock:

Will certainly mark everything up.....top advice :wink:

I did this A while ago, it really is so easy, all I did was to first take out the radio and the vdo holder, on the back of the holder unscrew the cable that goes to the speedo so you can pull it forward then the backing plate from the plastic bit, and put the plastic bit somewhere safe and don't brake the glass like I did, doing this allows you to not take any of the wire out and when you come to take off the dash you can just slide the vdo through the whole.
Then what you have to do it undo all the bolts, there is a row along the bottom can't remember how many but nice and easy to take off, then there is a row across the top which are just nuts that screw in to bolts which are attached to the rubber bit along the top of the dash, now how this goes together is the rubber bit (has the handle on it) has bolts along it which go in to holes along the top of the front of the dash and also though the top part of the dash, so once those bolts are removed it should just come off with abit of wiggling :D

Oh one more thing where all your hearter cables and that attach there is a bracket that is screwed into the dash that has to come off as well mine was a bugger to get off, but im sure yours will be fine, hope this helps :D

Or another way is to do it when you change the seal on your front screen

Two jobs for the price of one! :wink:

Matt

is it possible to remove from the foam dashtop forward to the windscreen? without removing the main dash and instruments section?

Teh dash is in three secions i guess? front, foam strp and metal front instrument/glovebox housing?

merd! :(

i was gonna leave the dash in and paint it without removing, as im having the rest retrimmed in leather

Thats a cool idea, how much does that cost, if you don't mind me asking :D
But the dash is easy to get in and out once you have done it once, and you don't have to unplug any of the electric's :D

Well to retrim the whole bus (devon interior with six large bench and seat cushions) passenger and drivers seat in leather and do the door cards, headliners, kicker panels, and leather on the dash with a baseball stitching along the front edge was £1100 including all materials. Hes using all new boards and 2 toning everything including the seats and cushions in beige and burgundy. Hes even computer embroidering the name on the dash, well cool.

I'm going to get him to make a bra as well hopefully if i can get some pics of one close up for stitching and the fixings but cant find anyyone with a bra over here (N.I)

Wow thats gonna look so sweet when its done, the price sounds cheep of all that as well :D have you asked on here for a closeup pic im sure someone can help :D I wouldn't mind a bra, been putting on a bit of weight.....haha no but really, they look so cool :D

Cheers Fella's, happy with that! I had hoped that i could get the metal piece that slopes down to the windscreen out without having to remove the rest but nevermind :roll:

Will be worth it :D

Matty, the Windscreen rubber has not long been done or i would have gone down that route mate :lol:

Cheers all......Off to dislocate my arms :D

you need some sort of mascot like at football games, it can just follow you around and do silly things to amuse you :D

Shaggy said:
you need some sort of mascot like at football games, it can just follow you around and do silly things to amuse you :D

sounds like my missus... except for the amuse bit. :p

sorry couldnt resist :oops:

Latest posts