Beam hitting floor on lowered van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberdyne systems

Reaction score
Ok so i've got T2D 3.5" dropped spindles on my van, ride is good, the only thing was on my original tyres when i went into a dip the tyres would sometimes bottom out on the floor where the front seats mount.

I changed wheels and tyres and basically lost 20mm from the diameter (now 165/55 15), now I dont bottom out the tyre but I have scraped the beam ends a few times instead. So what is others experiences on a lowered van? I still have the standard shocks and imagine if I replace them with something better the extra bounce will be reduced quicker, i could also grind a bit off the beam ends too.

What do you guys do?

Gareth

Mine did the same. I cut a fair bit off the bottom of the beam end plates and fitted some heavy duty Gaz shocks... Only does it now if two fat boys are sat up front!!

Lol, have to admit only does it when my girlfriend is up front with me but as she points out its cause there is two of us up front not the SHE is fat! :lol:

Latest posts