Bert, my 70 deluxe adventurewagen

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Andy, she's happy to be helping out now!

Thanks fwz we love him

Been undecided what to do with the high top roof lining, was thinking perforated vinyl but was gonna be tough so went coffee bag buying and started lining so far 30 quid of bags and result as pics, were pretty happy with the result 96hwm.jpeg.html]
image_zpsf2c96hwm.jpeg
[/URL]

Finally managed to get all new window seals with deluxe trim in, won't be doing it again! Cab headlining going in tomorrow and got a nice set of aluminium plates, Sheffield made so happy!

Been having carb issues, running badly, cutting out and general smell of petrol, so after some adjusting....still the same :(, after research and some good comments from the forum, managed to track down to auto choke, now replaced and so much better, needs a good tune now tho.
Had half an hour spare tonight so replaced the gear linkage bushes, now 200 % better, old ones were a tad worn.

Carb all tuned up, now purrs proper! Took for a test drive with the wife (first time she's been a passenger) and all good, got home, shut sliding door and door fell off lol, snapped the lower mounting bracket in half, so new one bought along with square plastic but thing for middle roller (turned out half of it was missing). Just got to get the cam but now and sliding door done.
First outing due in 1 weeks time to bus stop outing, fingers crossed I get there!

First big outing today, Bert ran so well, learning to drive with drum brakes and 40 odd year old steering, was very pleased tho :). Few pics of Bert with friends gjexrm1i.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]

First show of the year, bus stop over in Newark and was nice to get away. Picked up some goodies and was chuffed to get a licence plate holder from Fresno where Bert was from, picked it up from Paul from the bus factory where we bought Bert from 9 month ago

Next jaunt - camper jam!

Today I've been mostly making a bungee cargo net for the roof section, happy with it!

Bet it was lovely to get out camping in it!

I need to do the gearbox bushes - was it a total pain?

Hi georgyv, was amazing to camp out after all the hard work, I've only replaced the coupler at the minute, which was a doodle, gonna do the whole thing over winter as I'm struggling from 3rd to 2nd.

Managed to get to camper jam at the weekend, was a great trip, didn't see the line up Saturday as was travelling but seen some lovely eb's in show and shine.
Picked up a few more bits for Bert, gonna be busy fitting these in next few weeks
Over riders gonna need some sanding!

Spent 4 hours sanding red paint off the over riders, coming up just how I want them!

Rear over riders nearly fitted, and mate blagged a beer pump thing as reminded of my missus so mounted on rear bumper!

Latest posts