Bert, my 70 deluxe adventurewagen

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Marshy , liking the progress on the bus , could i ask where you sourced the automatic choke for your carb as im experienceing some running issues

Cheers grazy, think I got it from vwh about 13 quid. Knew the auto choke was bust as the butterfly never pointed straight up

It's been so long since updating, had a great summer and Bert has done us proud, only issue was losing gears on our way to and back from busfest, after dropping the engine it turned out the gland but on the flywheel had the rollers collapse, new one put back and sorted :D
Now the van is parked a few upgrades are in order, first job though is to get rid of the nasty vibration noises that is deafening at 50-55 mph, suspecting it coming from the roof, so taken off the lining and pretty sure this should be welded.
Not sure if this was an adventure wagon thing or if previous owner has done something, either way welding set if coming out!

So, welding went good, vibration gone and didn't manage to burn anything, result me thinks.
Been tinkering with truck mirrors as missus liked them, so managed to fit one today, can see everything behind now!

Been busy recently working on the van, fitted split charger and 12v and 240v to the van.

And picked these up, not fitted yet as going in for some altitude correction soon 😃

Took engine out to fix a few oil leaks and found that case is shot, endfloat is huge! So new case and engine build starting this week.
While engine out in changing the gear link bar bushes, painting everything I can with waxoyl and spruce up the gearbox

41e9be11530d5d9535566eaaabdbee29.jpg

New look for 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Graham L has done an awesome job [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks amazing. Absolutely love your bus. Did you manage to sort your engine? Mines about to come out for a few jobs doing - half way tempted to find a spare long block and build it up bigger than standard.

Latest posts