Bertie - 1972 Westy Crossover

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olance

Reaction score
Finally managed to get a couple of pics of my new(ish) van. Got him in November from VW Relics. Originally all white but as it came with a new coat of paint on the bottom decided on a nice light blue.

MyCamper.jpg

IMGP0057.jpg

As he was in New Mexico (and in York)

IMGP0426.jpg

And as he is now. Had him lowered by Justyn of Wagonworks at a very reasonable price. Adjustable lowering so it can (and probably will) end up a bit further towards the ground. He's running a 1700 engine which seems to be pretty good for 34 years old (a year younger than me!)

IMGP0425.jpg

These pics were taken for the insurance thing so they ain't the most exciting ....... but it's still me van!!!!!

Plans for the future include fixing the accelerator pedal spring, fitting some music making device and tidying up the interior which is pretty basic at the moment.

Now residing in sunny Peckham!!!

van is looking good chap, looks a very good purchase. Nice and clean and now with the added bonus of being closer to the floor! :D

What is the interior like? any pics? 8)

IMGP0055.jpg

IMGP0054.jpg

I've taken out the wardrobe - very difficult for pulling onto motorways etc with that back window missing and the fridge has gone - had some dodgy cabinet with some wiry carpet on it that looked like a bad wig. Going to put in a low level cabinet instead of the wardrobe and a second seat with a fridge underneath it behind the passenger seat - work with people on construction sites who are going to knock them together for free!!!!!!!

Seats are falling apart as well - much mcuh work to do!!!

Welcome :D
Love your colour choices - alright when you can get stuff fot free 8)

Interior doesnt look to bad chap, seen a lot worse. Any ideas for colour etc? 8)

Looking good dude. I've heard nothing but praise for Wagonworks when it comes to lowering. We'll definately be off there once our crossover's roadworthy.

Yep, Jason's a really nice, down to earth guy. He had a look over Bertie when he wsa doing the lowering and found a couple of things that needed attention so sorted that out at the same time. I think his number is pretty easy to find but here it is just in case.

07916 377906

Going for a 70's retro pattern for the curtains (white with blue and brown cirlce things - found some cool material in a local fabric shop), white front seats with blue trim, maybe some kind of stripe thing, unsure at the moment. My girlfriend has appointed herself in charge of this as she reckons she's got better design ideas! New pannels, headlining in white, gonna go for some cheap ikea flooring to start with as there's some free stuff knocking around somewhere and see how we get on with that. Back seats - as yet undecided but probably some heavy duty cord stuff. Mainly blue and white to go with the paint job i reckon.

And some lights for the speedo - currently only lights up 70 - 90 which as you probably know yourself is the most useless part of the speedy to see!!!!!!!!

Lots to do, hopefully by the end of the summer most of it will be done, maybe in time for VanFest 2007. Fingers crossed!!!!

L!

Latest posts