best place for knl beam/air shocks?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The zer

Reaction score
Looking to purchase k&l narrowed beam,air shocks,drop spindles for my 69 where's best place pricewise? Slamwerks want 525 beam 600 spindles outright but I have exchange spindles.not sure about air shocks,what's best.thanks in advance was hoping to get all for a budget of £1000.

Not sure where you are getting Slamwerks prices from but they are now owned by T2D in Cambridgeshire, do you have KnL spindles to exchange if so try Alex at Transporterhaus but I think you will struggle for the £1K figure especially if you want air shocks in there. When I did mine without airshocks last year the parts bill was £1500.

The price quoted for the beam is also just a bare beam, youll need cut down leaves as well, the big problem is that because bays dont have items that can be exchanged (trailing arms, uprights etc) and there is a big demand for KnL then it gets pricey.

Graham L said:
The price quoted for the beam is also just a bare beam, youll need cut down leaves as well, the big problem is that because bays dont have items that can be exchanged (trailing arms, uprights etc) and there is a big demand for KnL then it gets pricey.

^ emphasis mine :roll:

t2d will sell you re-dimpled leaves but won't cut them down and you'll have to do this yourself but will require either an old beam centre or trailing arm to butcher in order to get a jig for the correct positioning of the leaves when you re-weld them after cutting them to length.

Thanks for the replies,I emailed Slamwerks and they replied with the quotes,wether their email address redirects to t2d I'm not sure.Got a 1960 SPLIT knl beam complete so have core spindles steering arm etc,cut and 're,dimpled my last bay leaves so not a problem there,it's just from 3 years ago to now price for beam has gone up a lot and spindles too.friend of a friend says he can now get me a beam for 450. And I'm sure my spindles last time were around the 250 mark.although they were Brazilian because it was a 71 with discs.

That's a great price for the beam having just purchased a T2D narrowed ball joint beam.

T2D are just about to put their be
Price up to over £700.
Dog back beams supplied by Matt balls are about £800 from memory so I would assume that all others will follow suite around that mark.

Spindles went up about 2 years ago as I got my ones just before the price hike so was aware of the prices, it was around the time TH slowed down production.

Latest posts