Betty the Bus - A little introduction!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydave

Reaction score
Hi there - I'm new to EB so i thought i'd share a few pics of my bus!!

This is Betty - A 1971 Devon Sunlander that i've owned for 12 years now and have just done a shed load of work to in the last couple months!

I'll give you a couple pics of how she stands at the moment and trawl through some of my photo's to give you an idea of how she got to this stage.....

P161008_1529.jpg

P161008_152901.jpg

P161008_152902.jpg

P161008_152903.jpg

P161008_1530.jpg

Thanks for looking

Dave

Thanks alot - she's been a long time in the making and still lots to do!!

Front end looked like this up until a few months ago!!

Nov07020.jpg

Then after the last MOT where i was told that the inner valence was buggered i decided to go the whole hog and set to work on the front end. Finally got my indicators in the right place!

P050808_1435.jpg

Then set to work under a tarp outside my house:

P050808_1603.jpg

My neighbours think i'm bonkers - i think they must be right!

Engine is a 1641 with twin weber 34's. It's got the CB manifolds, linkage and filters so looks kinda beefier than it is :)

I replaced the heads, B + P's with the deluxe kit from Cool Air and also upgraded the ignition sytem with pertronix stuff - also a new pulley to help set up the timing etc...

The exhaust is a ceramic header and fatboy box - I managed to get that off a mate who was gonna put it on his split but wasn't right for him......result!!

Before:

P030908_124802.jpg

After:

P161008_153002.jpg

Well pleased so far as i can now put my foot down and cruise up-hill and do 80 on the motorway quite comfortably!!

Welcome to EB :D
very nice devon dave, im a bit of a devonophile :twisted: , whats your interior like?

Hi there - been a while but as i was asked what the interior was like i thought i'd show you!!

P030908_1317.jpg

It's all pretty original apart from a bit at the bottom of the first cupboard which was cut out to fit a crappy fridge in - but this was taken out and i'm hoping to find some wood to match but it's gonna be a tough one!!

Oh and i've added this so i can hear the radio!

P121108_143402.jpg

Still got to sort out the paintwork properly but with the weather as it is i doubt it will be very soon!!

Bye for now :mrgreen:

Well.....i've been busy this weekend!

The interior was looking a bit tired and i couldn't afford a proper retrim so i thought - why not do it myself!!!!!!!!!

While the wife went out for the day i popped out down to my local dunelm and grabbed myself a bargain computerised sewing machine and set to work! Turned out really nice and my few years as a shoe repairer payed off as i used to do a lot of sewing repairs in the trade!

What do you think??

P171108_0927.jpg

P171108_092701.jpg

P171108_092702.jpg

P171108_092703.jpg

Looks a lot better and once i've done the curtains to match should be nice and homely!! I'm gonna see how it all turns out and i may even start knocking up some for shows or offer a discount trimming service e.g - curtain sets £50 and upholstery covers etc... £100 - £150 as i feel that a lot of companies are really expensive for these sorts of things and since i gave up work to look after my kids i could do with a part time enterprise!

Cheers Dave

Latest posts