bigger motor

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

69billy

Reaction score
hi, its been talked about lots im sure, but i cant find in the search bar. id like to replace the 1600 in our camper with a motor that would take us down the strip every now and then, not a massive all money engine but something little better, dont want a differant type, still aircooled but bit more go and still reliable ish ! and maybe have it built but not reliant on some bloke and his lap top. any info would be good thankyou.

1776 I reckon mate, with something like twin 40 carbs, 100 or 110 cam and some worked stock heads. Big power comes from stroker motors with big valve heads and big carbs but that costs a lot of money.

1835...gas flowed...40 carbs...100 cam...ratio rockers...full flo...42 heads..

thanks for replies, who do i go to for this sort of motor? to buy or build.

Have a word with Laurie Pettitt for his advise on what to build. You could do a lot worse. Tell him what you want to use it for and your budget and I am sure he will fill you in. There are many other good builders out there so I am sure you will get lots of recommendations.

Jon

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

I had dan Simpson build me a 1760 stroker engine last year and it's the best thing I ever did. It's been totally reliable and has got loads of torque so now I don't have to change down and gulp whenever I see a hill :lol: .

Got it tapped for full flow oil with a pair of twin 34 webers. Did a trip to spa last year and it ran like a dream.

Speak to Jason at Interpro in Bristol. Numerous engines built for guys on here, great bloke and most importantly quality, reliable engines! Built mine last year and I have been well chuffed.

GAC,

Unit 1 Woodhouse Farm,

Marsh,

Aylesbury,

Bucks,

HP17 8SP

Tel: +44 (0)1296 613222

Fax: +44 (0)1296 613222

or email:

thanks to you all, i have around 5k for a motor so hope im somewhere near or a bit more saving :shock:

hi, just rung Alan and he is very helpfull . around 120bhp for my budget so thats positive. :D thanks

Latest posts