bit bored of imports

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joval said:
I presume it's someone you know, you went halves on a container?

Hi Joval and all early bay fans , when i booked the shipping i was told it was my container and i was going to buy a second bay , but the deal fell through , so i carried on with the shipping thinking my bay was the only thing in the container , but as of today ive found out otherwise :? i have asked the uk agent , whose not really to blame , to give me details of the person whos vehicle is in the container , from a duty figure of £5000 the vehicle in question is valued around £20k mark (at a quick quess) , im just waiting for answers from customs etc on what to do next , will keep you all posted on what happens , lets hope they get £5000 and pay it soon . anyway im looking forward to going to bus types at the weekend (sunday) to get my vw fix 8)

If and when i buy another van. I will be going for a RHD import. Geting a bit fed up with MOT failures/ rust repairs etc.
But then that would be no fun passing MOTs first time.

super-craig said:
Joval said:
I presume it's someone you know, you went halves on a container?

Hi Joval and all early bay fans , when i booked the shipping i was told it was my container and i was going to buy a second bay , but the deal fell through , so i carried on with the shipping thinking my bay was the only thing in the container , but as of today ive found out otherwise :? i have asked the uk agent , whose not really to blame , to give me details of the person whos vehicle is in the container , from a duty figure of £5000 the vehicle in question is valued around £20k mark (at a quick quess) , im just waiting for answers from customs etc on what to do next , will keep you all posted on what happens , lets hope they get £5000 and pay it soon . anyway im looking forward to going to bus types at the weekend (sunday) to get my vw fix 8)

That sucks! How can they hold your bus because somebody else can't pay? It's not your problem.

(sorry for going a bit off topic)

apparently it down to the fact the whole container duty needs to be paid before it can be cleared by customs :shock: which sucks 100%

Just remember we are going into a recesssion :( :( :( , and the importers will have a amount of stock that they need to shift on!, I seen this in the eighties (christ I'm old) when I was into the mini scene and cooper S's where going for strong money (15-20K) and when the a**e fell out of them like most classics, you pick them up for peanuts.

Like some of you have said a bay is a bay whether LHD or RHD :D and we all love them :D :D and drive them with pride, even if they are purple (under instruction with the purple text sorry :!: )

remember that too ian , when the likes of E-Type jags went from £40k to £17k or stored back in garages :shock:

:cry: my plight gets worse :cry: cant have my 68 until the other person pays their £5000 duty on the shared container , however they can claim the other vehicle and auction it off to pay the duty 8) but this could take 6 months :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: but i can have it released under controlled circumstances , but only under the order of my shipping agent 8) who wont do it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
i have been in on the phone most of the day to shipping agent , Customs , port officials , etc and i got to hang in and wait till my agent does something , who claims hes contacted the other party , who say they are trying to get payment sorted out :?

super-craig said:
:cry: my plight gets worse :cry: cant have my 68 until the other person pays their £5000 duty on the shared container , however they can claim the other vehicle and auction it off to pay the duty 8) but this could take 6 months :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: but i can have it released under controlled circumstances , but only under the order of my shipping agent 8) who wont do it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
i have been in on the phone most of the day to shipping agent , Customs , port officials , etc and i got to hang in and wait till my agent does something , who claims hes contacted the other party , who say they are trying to get payment sorted out :?

That sucks - hope you get it sorted soon!

;)

seems it gone a bit worse now :shock: the other vehicles duty has now been paid 8) but the container now disappeared :shock: seems someone let it slip out when there was a flag on the computer , but the system crashed :? how convenient :shock: this was yesterday , but i have not recieved any contact from the uk handler :evil: yet i got contact from customs , telling me the container had been removed :? i now have to wait till monday to see whats what .

its now got worse , they wont answer phone or reply to e-mails and i went trawling google for info and found that im not alone and its a regular thing :shock: this is what i found (name and details blanked for now my me)

G** Logistics, L****stoft, is basically a one man band called Jack N****on. They shipped our car last year to Southamptom, were late picking it up and added £10 per day extra to the storage charge, despite it being their fault it was stored, and withheld title til fees paid. We have now found out they have not compleated correct import docs, and we cannot register car. Seem very nice at first, but dont answer emails or phone, and have found out since they are notorious amoungst shippers for bad/fraudulant services, have had a number of court cases,

JUST WISH ID SEEN THIS A MONTH OR SO BACK

I would say its time to pay them a personal visit :x e mails and phone calls are easy to ignore an angry face is normally more persuasive even if it does mean a day of work, liars an conmen are the worst kind of s$£m and i hope for you there just incompetent, perhaps a large gathering of sickle weilding earlybayers might do the trick, ye olde peasents revolt an all that :)

think you might be right chippi , in paying a visit . But i have been doing some digging and trawling the web , contact with usa shippers and other handling / customs agents out in the us and i have another contact , who i have e-mailed and await their answer , these people may have my 68 in their bonded wharehouse facility unknown to them what aggro has been / being caused and the longer they have it the more storage they are owed , which aint nothing to do with me , but if i got to pay a week storage to get it , well i will have to pay it , but thats if they got my 68 , fingers crossed .
seems the uk handler i got passed onto has a habit of doing this sort of stuff and hides behind his Ltd company status , then starts up again :shock: will keep you all posted and if im right and they have the 68 i will post the ripp off artists details up :wink:

Be careful saying you'll agree to pay storage fees.
Have heard some places charge £10 upwards per vehicle per day!

Hi fellow earlybayer , sent an e-mail to my handler asking about the vw , anyway got a reply about the duty had been paid and i could collect it , numerous e-mail and i found it location , it was in felixstowe in a wharehouse , so me and dad headed off 3 hour odd later i had the 68 in sight 8) its now sat on my drive , no fees to pay or anything , waiting for the light to be converted , mot'd and registered , but there is a small problem :shock: i do not have the texas lien (title) , however i do have lots of receipts , books , and brochures from 68 on 8) .
I would like to thank all the early bay members that have shown support , its greatly appreciated , Thank you guys 8)

super-craig said:
no fees to pay or anything , waiting for the light to be converted , mot'd and registered , but there is a small problem :shock: i do not have the texas lien (title) , however i do have lots of receipts , books , and brochures from 68 on 8) .
As long as you have the letter from the docks to show you've paid the duty, all you have to do is get an MOT on it and get a dating letter from VW and you'll be all good to register it. :mrgreen:

thank you guys 8) i have the 386 form 8) to show duty paid , will be busy trying to get it sorted , would like to have had it done for stanford hall , but its pushing it a bit , if id have got last week it may have been :| .
Hi wheeto , so you dont need the lien / title to reg it , if you get a letter from the vw club gb , do you send them the chassis number and they sort out a letter to verify the year , i have lots of history with it , owner service manual with 1968 stamps in it and the original finance agreement too 8)

Latest posts