bloody ebay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm usually a sniper... got some bargains that way...
there's also the labour intensive way of starting early and bidding the very lest you're allowed to, up to your max. that way it shows that there've been about 50 bids on something and folks don't bother trying to compete... at least, that's the idea. never worked for me though.

I always put my maximum bid in 5 seconds before ending.
Last item I won was my 69 bug for £1500. :D

If I really want something I get my max bid in early. This is because as a bidder bidding against someones max bid after a couple I realise they want it more than me - kind of staked a claim - so I give up. Works for me, last minute bidders don't get a chance to test me unless they really want it.

I don't watch the end - I get it or I don't - there's always going to be another.

last time i was in a bidding war was for a 16tp lump an got f***ed off havin been beaten only by 50 notes...............before i knew it i ended up with an xbox 360,was gonna look really f***In' stupid trying to drive that down the road at 30mph :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn`t realise that peeps get so excited about this ebay stuff :roll: I might try it just for kicks :mrgreen: With my computing skills, the last ten seconds might not be such agood idea. :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Now which button is it again ??? :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

ozziedog said:
I didn`t realise that peeps get so excited about this ebay stuff :roll: I might try it just for kicks :mrgreen: With my computing skills, the last ten seconds might not be such agood idea. :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Now which button is it again ??? :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

ebay is a computer game, just click "buy it now" on any vehicles you like and they'll be saved in your virtual garage - the aim of the game is to buy as many cars as you can before your account gets suspended :D

though I'll add that's not really true ;) - just watch out going on ebay after drinking .....when I do lots of things turn up in the next few days to my house and I usually get shouted at :lol:

Hey Larry !! I get shouted at anyway :shock: So not a bigggeee for me. My car broke down again on the M4 and had to join the AA. ,, Don`t they ever pull your pants down when you is buggered by the side of the motorway at night in the rain ?? YES we can all be cleverer after :cry: So my mate works in a Mazda garage,,,,,,,,,, looks like I`ll have a brand new Mazda 6 on monday

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I`ll get shouted at again on Monday night !! :lol: :roll: :mrgreen: :roll: :lol:

Well my theory of putting in my max bid early doors worked!!

Deluxe trims are mine! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I've just this week setup a dedicated Aircooled Auction site - http://www.aircooledauctions.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . I'm working with Mawgan Lewis (Brother of Evil Ben) to launch the site officially soon, we will be taking out banner adverts on Early Bay and other sites to help drive traffic to the site but really need as much support as possible to help get the site rolling. Its going to be completely free listings for as long as we can sustain, you can also feature items on the home page etc completely free. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

toddbarden said:
I've just this week setup a dedicated Aircooled Auction site - http://www.aircooledauctions.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . I'm working with Mawgan Lewis (Brother of Evil Ben) to launch the site officially soon, we will be taking out banner adverts on Early Bay and other sites to help drive traffic to the site but really need as much support as possible to help get the site rolling. Its going to be completely free listings for as long as we can sustain, you can also feature items on the home page etc completely free. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Just registered on the site and it looks pretty cool. Got to find something to sell now LOL!!!

Nik

Just seen Wigs wheels, but with 59 days to go if I wanted some I'd be looking elsewhere I think... Lovely though they no doubt are Mr Wig.

ZedBed said:
Just seen Wigs wheels, but with 59 days to go if I wanted some I'd be looking elsewhere I think... Lovely though they no doubt are Mr Wig.

good point, I'll make the make max listing 30 days... is that about right?

toddbarden said:
ZedBed said:

good point, I'll make the make max listing 30 days... is that about right?
I'm impatient, but not everyone is. I loose interest on ebay if something has more than a week to run, but with your new site I agree for starters you need longer times until you build up some traffic or stuff's going to going for a song.

Great idea though - I'm surprised nobody has done this before seeing as you have to state a price on all the forums. That's tricky if you have no idea what something's worth.

Latest posts