Bloody mirrors!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba dubba

Reaction score
Hi all,
has anyone else bought any stainless mirrors of custom and commercial????......if you haven't, don't, utter tosh!!!...........i bought some off their stand at beachbuggin last year and put them away safely for later on, i thought id get the bus out and give it a clean and go for a spin today, and i then remembered about my shiny new mirrors, I'll stick them on quick i thought,.... you all know how it is when you think something going to take five minutes and then turns into a nightmare!!!!!
first problem!, i didn't have a spanner that fitted between the door and the mirror,.....drive to a local mates garage, borrow a spanner,...the old ones came off without to much trouble, got the new ones out the box and the threaded spindle is about an inch shorter than the original ones????, i could not get them to screw into the door, even if i could i wouldn't be happy knowing how little they were being held on by, so i thought id put he old ones back on and send them back, the drivers side went on OK, and then i had a brainwave, i thought id just use my old spindle parts on the new mirrors and bolt them back on erm bad idea, after about twenty minutes of fiddle and faffle i had two new mirrors ready to go on the van, put the drivers one on and adjusted it, tried to tighten it up and then snap, the bottom bolt sheared off, it wasn't even that tight!! (i could spin the mirror right round by hand),.... by now i had started to lose my sense of humor!!!, right that's it I'm sending these bloody things back to them and demanding a refund!!!,.....had to take them all apart again, rebuild old mirrors and put them back on,.. simple job....erm not for me it would seem, drivers side all done and dandy, (except for the cracked glass, reason i bought the new bloody ones!) passenger side, the nut at the bottom would not tighten up, so the glass was swinging round like a saloon door, it would seem as though id knacked the thread up inside.....(o joy!!).....had to put the thing in a vice to get it off, and then use one of the new nuts just to put my old mirror back on!!!! wtf :cry: job duration two hours, cost £50, result...angry man with the same mirrors!!!!!!! :x :? :roll:

hi
i had the same problem so i phoned them up ,they took them back with full refund ...(i did have to pay to post them back!) but i got me money back ,c+c were really appoligetic so i cant fault them for that, give um a ring im sure they will sort it PS then i polished the old ones to death there on my van now and look great........!!! :shock:

REGARDS
CHRIS

I fitted the stainless ones to mine and thought they were really nice quality. Didn't have any fitting problems and the arms have been nice and tight straight out the box and haven't moved out of position at speed.

Wonder if they bought an iffy batch?

I see that Schofields are now selling them at £18 each for stainless. They look good. Anyone else bought these as I need some new ones.

Latest posts