Bolt on rocker covers, yes or no?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bolt on rocker covers

• Yes definately

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No - waste of time and money

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

froggy

Reaction score
Have damaged 1 of my rocker covers and cant get it to stop leaking (have even used some blue hylomar :oops: ) and have been looking around for new covers.
From C&C a complete bolt on set (2 covers, gaskets and all nuts/bolts required) works out the same price as 2 covers, 2 gaskets and 2 new clips (roughly £25 and there close enough to be able to collect)
Are bolt on type covers any better than standard?

You get what you pay for with bolt-on covers.
As long as they're a decent heavy set and you don't over-tighten them, you'll be OK.

Why don't you get an OG clip-on cover to replace the damaged one?

I went for the bolt on jobbies and so far so good, not the expensive ones just regular empi bolt ons. About a thousand miles down the road with no issues. But I reckon scarywig is right about resisting the temptation to graunch them up too tight. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,One of the few things I`ve done on my bus that `has not' resulted in a major oil leak,, ;) :msn4: ;)

ive had bolt ons , empis with the rubber gasket , alley ones all leeked .............csp are supposed to be good but so is the price :shock: original clipons all the way for me dry gaskets no leeks ;) vw made them clip ons for a reason .........................they dont leek ;)

chris

I have the cheap bolt on alloy ones, never leaked, but then they are vented ;)

I'm running these handmade German babies, very heavy quality and oil leaks are simply imposible on these!!
Viton o-ring that lasts a very long time, and the whole cover makes contact to the cilinderhead so they are cooling the heads also 8)
Oh yeah a little less valve train noise also!
klep2.jpg

klep1.jpg

klep3.jpg

Dirty Harry said:
I'm running these handmade German babies, very heavy quality and oil leaks are simply imposible on these!!
Viton o-ring that lasts a very long time, and the whole cover makes contact to the cilinderhead so they are cooling the heads also 8)
Oh yeah a little less valve train noise also!
klep2.jpg

klep1.jpg

klep3.jpg
These bad boys are fantastic, where can I get a pair? 8)

These covers come from:

http://www.ok-products.de/index.php?action=bestellen&bestell_artikelnr=1266&kat_id=240&kat_id=240&hauptid=240&ugid3=&ugid2=&ugid=240&produkt_id=240" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had the Empi style covers on my old engine............. Were about the only part that DIDN'T leak :shock:

I would have said stick to original rocker covers until I saw those bad boys. V Nice.

I'm considering these when csp release theirs with breather holes already machined in. These look cool though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Dirty Harry said:
These covers come from:

http://www.ok-products.de/index.php?action=bestellen&bestell_artikelnr=1266&kat_id=240&kat_id=240&hauptid=240&ugid3=&ugid2=&ugid=240&produkt_id=240" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers for link - those are really nice 8) - just going to have to wait for the euro to go back down against the £ :D

Latest posts