Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mike ,
Tried to email the company and was told in no uncertain terms that it was not their fault.
They could not help in any way. I guess that it is probably just one of those circumstances.
It's a right ball ache as I used it so much to reference so much, not just for me but for everyone else.
Nothing can be done so either I sit and try and down load something like 400 odd photo's and to be
honest Photobucket is not the greatest, or I start again from scratch were I left off and try in the mean time
to source another site that will do the same. :x :roll:

J & P
:D :D :D

Photobucket is on a downward spiral now.

I'm just moving mine to my own hosting.

Their website has more spyware and adverts on it that any other site

Its totally unusable half the time

Ipad app always crashes as well

Losing all the pics from your thread is a total pain :x
At least you still have all your pics.

I have never had any problems with photobucket myself. I decided to pay about £8 per year to go ad free and I must say it's a massive improvement cause they were pain! Also, I downloaded the app the other day and got an extra 8 GB on top of the 2 GB I had!
I re-size the pics I upload, as I realised that for the forum purposes, a much smaller image size eg 500KB was just as good as the full sized eg 5MB a pic.
This means you don't use up your free space so quickly.

Hey Mike,
Thanks for the reply, I'm no techie so if that's all it takes to make it work , I might just try it.

Webbaldo as I said not that good with computers, will keep your suggestion in mind if the other
solution does not work out. Thanks guys.

J & P

So , paid for a year ad free and managed to download all my photo's back on to Photobucket. :) :)
They can't be accessed through the missing pictures but at least I have access again.
Spent the day under the bus fitting the new engine mounting bolt and making new gaskets for the exhaust.
Forgot to take photo's along the way and then came in at about 4 30 due to the cold. Couple more bolts to do then I can
start Boris up again. :) :)
One thing I did do was buy an Endoscope camera for my phone £8.00 is all it cost from fleabay.
AMAZING piece of kit get's into all those hard to reach places were my head is to big to get in to. :lol: :lol:
BARGAIN and worth every penny.
Onwards and upwards have a great week everyone.

J & P

First pic is of the endoscope camera being put to use this weekend. Can now see behind both batteries.
Without removing them and a few other hard to reach areas. Now now :lol: :lol:

Saturday morning lying in the sun replacing the exhaust. Putting the last clamps on and then got Boris started.
Still running like a dream and came up to temp with out any problems. :D

Last pic shows new gates we have had installed to claw back some property that public could park on and
allows me to go inside with the gates closed and leave my tools out. Bit expensive but all done now and
can only enhance the property . Tomorrow the bathroom gets done :shock: :shock:

Have a good week everyone.

J & P

So the previous three disappeared again why I know not.

Anyway they are back now and hopefully all is sorted. Decided to spend Saturday checking Boris over for the first outing of the year.

Drove out and found this little number at the bottom of our road, not bad condition

Top of the hill stopped for a little lunch and a cool down.

Then a quick pit stop on the return home. And a cup of tea.

About 150 miles in all and the only problem now is the washer bottle fluid is not working :evil:
Never mind something else to fix.
Have a good week everyone , nearly summer.

J & P

Hi Peeps,

Managed to spend Saturday morning on the bus and repaired the non working windscreen washer motor.

Looks chaotic but it is organised. I think. :lol: :lol:

Started to organise where to place all the stickers we have collected.
Need to see out the back, like looking at the tail backs behind me. :lol: :lol:

Was out and about in town and spotted this cooler for sale, then decided :shock: :shock: :shock:
I think I can live without it. Was kinda cool though.

And to round off the day spotted this nice piece on the way home.

Well Thursday is the dreaded MOT day so fingers crossed and all that. Have a good week.

J & P

Finally some good old fashioned summer sun and the opportunity to place our small collection of stickers on Boris.

His side

Her side

And the rear end

And a little tinker with the carb which hopefully will cure the popping problem and an adjustment to the choke/butterfly.
Speed Flo parts have arrived for my American petrol tank flow valve, so hopefully install at some point.

Have a good week all.

J & P

Took the bus to work today :lol: :lol: Had to redo what I buggered up straight after the MOT.
Arrived home from the MOT and proceeded to wash Boris before putting him away, then went to undo
the headlight rim to make sure the water had drained(previous problem). Proceeded to try and undo the wrong
screws and cocked up the level and height on one side. What a dick. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Anyway all back to normal now hopefully, my mates garage has an old focus box to adjust.
Was also great to get a midweek drive. Was so chuffed to get out forgot to take photo's.

Bring on da weekend.

J & P

So weekends come and go far to bloody quickly. Managed to go for a ride to Cheddar Gorge on Sunday.

Nice day out and our first fairly tough walk for the year. Good precursor to the end of the month.
Trip planned to Looe for some camping and some coastal path walking. Also going to try and pop in at
Evil Bens so he can have a nose around and clear up some things I have no idea about mainly suspension :lol:

Well have a nice short week , hope to see some of you out there.

J & P

Been away in the bus again down to Looe in Cornwall for some coastal path walking and camping.
Great drive down and just the standard oil misty spray keeping the back end rust free on arrival. :lol: :lol:
Managed to get about 24miles in without getting drenched. Lovely scenery now that its spring. Few pics of the
walk. One of the pics is of the return trip on the ferry to Plymouth. Dinner with my son at university then home.
Saturday made good use of the weather break washed the bus put back under cover and put my new sticker on.(green one)
Managed to pop in to Evil Bens whilst away to look at the suspension etc. Sunday morning spent checking tappets for the
trip to Banbury this weekend.

Have a great short week all.

J & P

gas1man said:
Been away in the bus again down to Looe in Cornwall for some coastal path walking and camping.
Great drive down and just the standard oil misty spray keeping the back end rust free on arrival. :lol: :lol:
Managed to get about 24miles in without getting drenched. Lovely scenery now that its spring. Few pics of the
walk. One of the pics is of the return trip on the ferry to Plymouth. Dinner with my son at university then home.
Saturday made good use of the weather break washed the bus put back under cover and put my new sticker on.(green one)
Managed to pop in to Evil Bens whilst away to look at the suspension etc. Sunday morning spent checking tappets for the

J & P

Nice pics[emoji41] , what happened about your suspension?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The visit was just so he could tell me what was there basically and what to do if I want to raise it.
Nothing serious. Just info for me Mike as I find it a bit of a black art. :lol: :lol:

J & P

gas1man said:

J & P

Good to see you had some luck with the weather!! I recognise a few of your pics but can't put my finger on the 3rd pic down, I'm thinking possibly between looe and talland?

Latest posts