Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pictures, do you think you can try and be a little less messy in future ! I have some tiny ‘issues’ like this frequently with my gammy fingers refusing to cooperate with my eyesight and brain. Makes for fun fun fun with tiddly tight nuts and carb fiddling too. :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,and you had the very very best of the weather to boot :)
Great walking weather not too hot or cold, coffee was my fault :rolleyes: had already opened it and then Pippa tried to open an open bottle.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

J & P
:D:D:D

1692647409437.png

Front and rear roof racks installed, excited as this is prep for the attachment of the new awning that has arrived.
Will all have to come off in winter to put the cover on.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Never mind all good fun.
Have also laid my hands on a Lithium battery to take the place of my now dwindling leisure battery.

J & P

1693160293265.png
1693160359233.png
1693160414903.png

Finally manage to install the new eagerly awaited awning and the new very much lighter Lithium battery.
Removed the old leisure battery, damn that was heavy, 130 a/h from the previous owner. (9 years ago.)
Managed to install both today and will get a picture of it open tomorrow if the weather holds.
Hopefully also install the table I have had stashed away for some time now.

Have a good long weekend.

J & P

Guess who forgot to take a photo, spent the weekend at Field 725 outside Shepton Mallet.
My son's wedding so an excuse although lame. New awning and battery worked a charm.
Going away in 2 weeks time will get photo's, definitely worth the money.

J & P

View attachment 6458
View attachment 6459
View attachment 6460

Finally manage to install the new eagerly awaited awning and the new very much lighter Lithium battery.
Removed the old leisure battery, damn that was heavy, 130 a/h from the previous owner. (9 years ago.)
Managed to install both today and will get a picture of it open tomorrow if the weather holds.
Hopefully also install the table I have had stashed away for some time now.

Have a good long weekend.

J & P
i think we might be about to see some genius here with this awning canopy. looking forward to the photos

1695581385307.png
1695581450820.png
1695581492096.png

Well there you go Bluenailsmen and others, possibly. Finally pictures of the new awning being used to it's max.😁 (offtrek)
It's taken a while but I think we are there now. The only downside to this arrangement is the fact that it will all have to be removed prior to winter so the cover can be put on.
Went away for the weekend to spend some time with our best friends.
Was so therapeutic and helped clear up some serious family shit.
Awning works so well, fortunately I picked up the 2.5m awning and just fits between the 2 roof racks.
Spent the weekend away at Slimbridge, remembering the last time we were there, I SPY ozzie :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, anyway was nice to go back and see what I could'nt remember. Sign of a good weekend.;) oh and the new battery worked out well.

J & P

Last edited:
1697387096906.png

1697387141297.png
1697387184157.png

Last quick drive for the year, Stonebarrow Hill, cup of tea and coffee. Bought awning sides and did a check they work..
Then home, awning removal a last wash and some WD for the winter on certain parts and to bed. Even remembered to shut down the new Lithium battery.
Heater set up on a thermostat to keep the cold and moisture at Bay:). Still keep starting it once a week to keep those juices flowing though.

Sleep well:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

J & P

Sitting in the bus after starting him for the weekly ritual, I was fiddling with the light switch, to my utter amazement the dimmer
works on my installed gauges and not on the originals.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. You win some you lose some. Going to go for a decent ride to
get rid of any moisture build up next weekend.

J & P

Took a ride out to get rid of any moisture. Drove to Upton Farm Shop meeting on 24thDec outside Langport.
Was a nice drive and got to meet a few VW guys(Geordie W and Richard G), also got to speak to Rich S which was nice as I had not seen him for ages.
Had some hot chocolate and then made our way back down to Charmouth. There were some interesting vehicles to be seen.
Both new and old. Geordie's Karmann Ghia on air was my pick of the VW's, and an American pick up took my fancy too.

Come on summer.

J & P

Took a ride out to get rid of any moisture. Drove to Upton Farm Shop meeting on 24thDec outside Langport.
Was a nice drive and got to meet a few VW guys(Geordie W and Richard G), also got to speak to Rich S which was nice as I had not seen him for ages.
Had some hot chocolate and then made our way back down to Charmouth. There were some interesting vehicles to be seen.
Both new and old. Geordie's Karmann Ghia on air was my pick of the VW's, and an American pick up took my fancy too.

Come on summer.

J & P
Was good to see you Jonathan and chat, the karmann is nice,I was hoping he was going to bring the square back

Well, off to Bristol this morning to fetch Boris from Nick at CJ Motors.

MOT passed with only two new ball joints up front, not too bad for three years.

Upgrade has been done...😲😲😲... what a difference, took it easy on the way home, couple of twitchy moments though.

1710610745595.png
1710610784641.png
1710610816770.png

Finally got my birthday present installed, I love power steering..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Had the steering box refilled and checked at the same time so should be good for a while.
Nick gave me the steering column back and we were very surprised how good a condition the original coupling was. (good spare).

Hopefully get to enjoy more this year in the bus, last year was abysmal.

Bring on the summer.

J & P

Latest posts