Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally managed to get it together and accumulate all the parts for the redoing of the bumpers.
Why, because they needed repainting and a set of overiders in boxes for toooo long.
Managed to get everything together and on the final spray the rear fell off the trestle and got scratched. :evil: :evil:

No way was I going to redo it all over so it is on with a final coat over the scratches. :roll: :roll: There is always next time.
After all that , when it came time to put the spots back on the six inch plastic ones touch the overiders and look awful.
:shock: :shock: Splashed the cash and got a set of five inch proper jobs from AAC. Including grills to match the headlights.

Putting the reverse light and the fog light back, I had to put them under the bumper as they would not allow the engine
compartment to open, a bit miffed but I don't think it looks to bad.

Been quite a journey over the last 2 months :lol: :lol:

Anyway , stay well all and most of all virus free.

J & P
:D :D :D

K@rlos said:
Why not put them the other side of the over riders?

Hi Karlos,
Will have to drill the bumper when I have the time, has to be usable right now as we have planned a trip.
Possibly do at a later stage. When there is no summer time pressure to go away at every chance it's demanded. :lol: :lol:

J & P

Managed a trip away with our friends (on right) who we last saw at the start of the pandemic.
All double dosed and social distancing observed.
Headed down to Dawlish for a long weekend, had a great time.
Small problem on the return journey. See technical section.
Home safe and sound. Keep well and stay virus free.

J & P

PS. The picture of the barbecue food are SOSATIES a South African kebab type food. Steak marinated in a certain type curry sauce
and interspersed with chunks of peppers , onion and apricots.

Ozzie don't worry we will change that old grey matter . :lol: :lol: :lol:

J & P
PS. Wait till you try the real sausage.(not the dried out one). :) :) :)

Finally taken the plunge and ordered the new engine. Abel at Afonso Motors has been tasked with the job.It is a little bigger than
what we have at the moment so below are the new heat exchangers on arrival, then painted and now just waiting to be wrapped with exhaust wrap to try and keep as much heat as possible. Larger bore sizes not having any fins .

I know a lot of people don't like them, and Berg is best. However on this occasion , the Tall Boy Bug Tech is just what is needed.
It's very small throw and closeness will suit the other two people that in the future might get to drive the bus. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have to also admit I do like it more and more. Takes some getting used to but am now enjoying. The fact I can rest my left forearm
on the top and still be comfortable is quite strange. :)

And in the final picture we have now got hot water in the bus. Pippa very chuffed at not having to boil water on stove
for dishes every time.

Hope all are well and staying sensibly virus free.
Be careful out there.

J & P

Sounds awesome, like the heat exchangers, I'm planning on reinstalling some on mine, as driving about with a propex on isn't very reliable.

Did you have to put all the cables in place, or did you have them already?

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

Hi Mike the carbs are just the norm, 34 ict's I think. Nothing special. But definitely a proper carb kit. :D (bell crank).

fallingoffalot
Why are you worried about the Propex whilst driving????

Fortunately the PO had the cables in place , however they were not working and I removed with a bit of hassle and replaced,
greased before new installed and now work well.

J & P

Camping looked really good - glad you managed to get away :)
Bigger engine - nice one

When out and about in winter I put the propex on, but it blows out.. So I was planning on installing the original heating for when driving, then use the propex for camping.

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

fallingoffalot said:
Sounds awesome, like the heat exchangers, I'm planning on reinstalling some on mine, as driving about with a propex on isn't very reliable.

I've been using my Propex while driving for years, works extremely well at motorway speeds.
You need to reposition the inlet and exhaust tubes.

What he said ^^^^. Were are they placed, the exhaust and fresh air inlet's should face to the rear of the bus.
Facing the side can cause problems and definitely not towards the front.

J & P

gas1man said:
What he said ^^^^. Were are they placed, the exhaust and fresh air inlet's should face to the rear of the bus.
Facing the side can cause problems and definitely not towards the front.

J & P

They're facing the rear and it doesn't always blow out, just sometimes - in fact here they are on my gallery thread. http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78568&start=120

Latest posts