Brake woes! :(

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hilly_70

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Not been here for a little while..busy with bus and knackered laptop .. but I really need your help!

Right .. just putting bus back on road after 5 years..

|About 2 years ago replaced most brake pipes, cylinders, shoes ( all drum ) flexis etc ..

Last week used an easybleed kit and bleed brakes .. got pedal pressure and test drove ..

Pulled to right so stripped LHS front and although newish, piston stuck in .. removed all front cylinders and free'd up and cleaned ..

re bled using same method ( Easybleed pressure via resevoir )

Bled from rear to front till no bubbles .. prob pushed around half a litre through system ..

No pedal pressure .. :(

Rebled using standard method with mrs .. no bubbles ..no leaks ..

No pedal pressure ..

stripped drum and pedal does move pads but cant get pressure to pedal..

Am I just airlocked or is the master cylinder farked?

I know you guys can sort me out ..

Hilly

PS .. I'll put a piccy up in gallery of my bus now .. :)

I'd be tempted to say your master cylinder seals have gone.

Brake fluid absorbs water and that water can cause corrosion on the inside of the master cylinder particularly in the areas that don't normally come in to contact with the seals at the far end of the cylinder. When you start bleeding the system, you tend to push the piston to the far end of the cylinder and what can happen is the corrosion can damage the old piston seals causing no pedal pressure.

cheers fella

Ive been at it again this morn and i have resigned myself to the fact that its the master cylinder ..

Def no air in system and i do get movement at all corners .. just not enough pressure on pedal ..

It was rebuilt about 2 years ago but to be fair has stood empty for that time .. it did work for a while but since messing with the brakes again has now failed ..

Hilly

Latest posts