BRR343H MY NEW NUMBER PLATE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garyt2owner

Reaction score
Hi guys so now I have my new registration certificate and my van is now on its correct age related plate I need to have some new number plates made but question is what style plates do I go for I'd like to make them the same as it had in 1970 so does any one know what style of plates I should go for I don't really want acrylic plates I think they will look too new

sparkywig said:
Silver on black pressed metal plates would originally have been fitted.
Do a google search for classic car number plates.

I'm pretty sure they would have been black plastic 3d letters on a Yellow back and white front reflective plate

White and yellow plates had to be fitted to vehicles manufactured after 1/1/73, the first change since the Motor car act 1903 which introduced number plates for cars.

Before this of course black and white plates were the standard. (Including silver and grey numbers and letters)

However white and yellow plates were first available from 1968 so whether a British vehicle would have had these fitted by the dealer or black and white pressed plates I do not know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts