Bumper troubles

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nesquik

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I am having a bit of grief with my engine bay lock the current lock isn't lockable, after buying a lockable version I am now having problems making it fit.
This probably sounds stupid but the new lock thumb thingy is longer and hits my bumper
utf-8BSU1BRzEwOTcuanBn_zps878452d9.jpg

This pic is the original catch and you can see the scrape on the bumper :( caused from fitting new lock and promptly shutting lid :sick0019:
I've been told that all I need to do is move bumper back a little where comes problem 2 I seem to have this extra bits to my bumper little skirt things on the corners and it seems to bolt to the corner of my bus.
utf-8BSU1BRzEwOTYuanBn_zpsdec74b43.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzEwOTUuanBn_zpsd562f315.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzEwOTQuanBn_zps454f76c3.jpg

Has anyone any advice on this problem ? :sign0009:

Many thanks
Nesquik

Those thingies are the splash-pans to prevent mud from building up inside your bumper.
You can remove the bolt that holds the pans to the bus. They are firmly attached to the bumper.
You could also try to put a few shims under the rear bumper-iron bolts so the bumper comes down a bit.

Hi if you put a couple of washers(penny washers ) between bumper irons and chassis rails .......this will make the bumper lower slightly which should help , ;) loosen the splash pan bolts too but tighten all up once washers are in place ;)

Chris

Resto-raider said:
Those thingies are the splash-pans to prevent mud from building up inside your bumper.
You can remove the bolt that holds the pans to the bus. They are firmly attached to the bumper.
You could also try to put a few shims under the rear bumper-iron bolts so the bumper comes down a bit.
A great help thanks very much will try tomorrow :)
It's a big learning curve at moment :google:
Made a slight easier courtesy of EARLYBAY.COM
:party0023:

Thanks again

WELL IF YOU USE A BEETLE CATCH THATS WHAT HAPPENS ;) swop the buttons over ,its easy.hold button in and push out pin and then button will come out.

67panel said:
WELL IF YOU USE A BEETLE CATCH THATS WHAT HAPPENS ;) swop the buttons over ,its easy.hold button in and push out pin and then button will come out.

Agree, this is likely, been down this route myself to then work out it wasn't right. Mine was sold as early bay from status but it wasn't correct and didn't fit. I am not sure you can buy them new, if that's what you have done. Got one from NOSVW (Rusty) second hand in the end.

Stevec said:
It's only scrapping slightly, I'd just get a grinder or file and grind it down a bit.

And damage the chrome?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

67westy said:
Stevec said:
It's only scrapping slightly, I'd just get a grinder or file and grind it down a bit.

And damage the chrome?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
i'd fix it with a lump hammer :lol: mind you y bumper is 700 different colours and pretty sure it has been run over a couple of times

Latest posts