• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bunk Bed Canvas for Westie.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camper Man

Reaction score
Thanks to the help of you fellow dubbers out there i have now got a new roof bunk frame for my westie, next problem is the canvas........

Does anybody know where i can source the suitable material to get one made preferably in a natural colour material? :shock:

or

Does anybody know where i can source one made up in a natural coloured type of material as close to the original in strength as possible ? :shock:

PS Great forum !!! :p

I have a couple of emails out to two potential suppliers (both are on holiday at the moment). They say they supply them, but there's no prices or on-line ordering.

I'll let you know when I get a reply.

Nick

71Westy said:
Concept Poptops have just come back to me - £58 posted.

Nick

Err - I had one made at my local upholstery place for £23 including material. It's only 4 seams!

Ahhh that's because you haven't payed the scene tax at your local place! :roll:

Concept do make nice stuff though, I'm thinking of using them for a replacement canvas for my pop top.
Arran

Sparky said:
Ahhh that's because you haven't payed the scene tax at your local place! :roll:

Concept do make nice stuff though, I'm thinking of using them for a replacement canvas for my pop top.
Arran

58 squid seems good, i have been quoted £15 to make it up but i need to find the material, initial digging around seems to be coming out about £30-35 quid for the material plus carriage.

Do you have a contact number mate for this company so i can get one ordered pronto !

71Westy said:
Concept Poptops have just come back to me - £58 posted.

Nick

put reply on wrong bit !!! do you have a number for me to call em ! :lol:

71Westy said:

Thanks for info.

Contacted him and already rec'd the material samples.......Just got to make miy mind up which now.

Is that red bus your in the pic ??

If it is its almost identical to mine, are they yempi 5's on it and if so where sis you get them from???

The previous owner of my bus said he couldn't get empi 5's to fit, which doesn't make sense too me because evry thing on the bus is standard.

Cheers.

Hi,

Just to complete the picture: just got a reply from J&S, and they have quoted £45 plus postage.

Re the empis. Yes, that's my bus. It's a 71, so the wheels are narrow 5s, and were fitted by the previous owner (I think they are Empi look-alikes). They do indeed fit, but it's tight. The back is moderately lowered (as is the front) - but I don't know if he increased the camber (or I guess that should be decreased, as it's negative camber, but you know what I mean), as they do look rather splayed. Removing the wheels this weekend, one side does rub on the wheel arch when it gets close to maximum travel.

I don't know where he got them - the hub covers have that have a wolf on, if that helps??

Cheers,
Nick

71Westy said:
Hi,

Just to complete the picture: just got a reply from J&S, and they have quoted £45 plus postage.

Re the empis. Yes, that's my bus. It's a 71, so the wheels are narrow 5s, and were fitted by the previous owner (I think they are Empi look-alikes). They do indeed fit, but it's tight. The back is moderately lowered (as is the front) - but I don't know if he increased the camber (or I guess that should be decreased, as it's negative camber, but you know what I mean), as they do look rather splayed. Removing the wheels this weekend, one side does rub on the wheel arch when it gets close to maximum travel.

I don't know where he got them - the hub covers have that have a wolf on, if that helps??

Cheers,
Nick

Thanks for your help on this mate, i took my canvas to steve at J&S his partner in crime has now made me my new canvas and its on its way back to me, the samplematerial i saw looked good. I will let you know what the finished product is like shortly.

71Westy said:
Joanne from J&S made mine for me for Bus Freeze. It looks excellent.

Nick

Got mine delivered last week, i bottled it for bus freeze.......the weather was to bad!!

It is good though, and although i have not slept on it all night, i did climb on and lay down.....and i didnt hit the floor again shortly afterwards....Result !!

Thanks again.

Latest posts