Bus security

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanmck1984

Reaction score
Has anyone got or know of any kind of steering lock or pedal lock mechanism for a bus? I've been looking for a while but can't find anything other than the usual steering locks from Halfrauds and they are too small?

Cheers!

Get an Uber-secure lock from uber on here. Search for Uber Cool in the forum and there will be a few posting about it with links to his website.

Edit: website here: http://www.ubercoolproducts.talktalk.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

100% recommended. Easy to take on and off, and whilst it won't stop the determined thief, it will deter the opportunist and slow the buggers down enough to catch them at it.

Kev

Great. Yeah, nothing will stop these b******s if they want it but if it helps to slow them down with the chance of being caught or seen then it's not bad!

I've been thinking about buying one of these über cool locks I think they look great.
I was only thinking the other day r our buses easy to nick / Hotwire ( don't think anyone here should post how to do it ) but how long does it take if u know how ?

Without hot wireing,, approx 30 seconds !! with a lead with crocs on and a screw driver,, Hot wireing for someone good about 20 seconds, The secret fuel switch is the answer,,,

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, But if they has a tow truck ????????? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ok all that means nothing to me
At least everyone knows it ain't me who's pinching busses
I'd love to know how it's done tho ! Maybe one day someone could show me
Message to all ( and me ) buy an über cool pedal lock thingy

I'm feeling a bit paranoid now about some scummer pinching my vw :evil:

Ordered my uber lock last week just waiting for it now :D as people say a determined :shadey: will nick anything but if you can make it difficult or/& slow them down :msn4: also thinking about battery/fuel killl switches as well

I fitted a fitted a hidden switch to completely cut off the ignition system :mrgreen:

From a mis-spent youth, just tried to hot wire mine 15 seconds, door locks are no problem, battery kill switch under engine lid with a lock on the engine lid will slow them down a lot, then you can set your dogs on the b@$£@¥&s.

These are fine for the casual thief, but a pro with a low loader (fake plates) and hi viz jacket will make light work of it all.
Just be careful who you speak to at shows and in the street, never tell them am accurate answer if they ask where you are from. Has been known for people to be followed home from shows!
Good physical security and some cameras on the house can put them off, if you are in bandit country the consider getting a dog and letting it sleep in the van...

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Latest posts