"BUSTER BO JANGLES", '67 CREW CAB

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good going dude! :mrgreen: Whats the quality of schofields floors like?? Will be needing some for mine. If i ever get round to it :(

young_dubya said:
Good going dude! :mrgreen: Whats the quality of schofields floors like?? Will be needing some for mine. If i ever get round to it :(
The floors seem pretty good, although I haven't fitted them yet, hows yours coming along ?

sloooooooooooooooooooooowly :lol:

Ill get there dude. Hoping to have the left sill finished by the end of next month but seeing as ive only managed half an hour this week its proabably optimistic!!

Keep it up dude! :mrgreen:

OPINIONS PLEASE BOYS & GIRLS
I'VE GOT A FEW IDEAS FOR BUSTER, BUT WOULD LIKE YOUR OPINIONS, I'M TRYING TO FINALISE THE DIRECTION THAT I'M HEADING IN . I LOVE THE STANDARD NEPTUNE BLUE DROPPED ON BRM'S & BLACK CANVAS, BUT LIKE TO DO MY OWN THING AS WITH MR. BO, SO I THOUGHT MAYBE ONE OF THE THREE BELOW, POSSIBLY WITH OR WITHOUT PERIOD SIGN WRITING & NOT SURE WHAT LOGO ON FINAL FINISH ?
I WAS THINKING TEXAS BROWN LIKE THE SPLIT SINGLE CAB AT LAST YEARS VOLKSWORLD SHOW WITH SPEEDMASTER WHEELS
crewcab1FULLERS.jpg

OR ANTHRACITE GREY WITH DEEP RED CANVAS LIKE DARRELL BAKER '58 RAG TOP BUG
crewcabPORSCHEcopy.jpg

OR MY CURRENT FAVOURITE IRIS BLUE WITH DEEPER BLUE CANVAS, ROLLING ON FULLY DETAILED FUCH'S LIKE THE KAB THAT WAS ON THE TURN TABLE AT LAST YEARS VOLKSWORLD SHOW & LIKE TRENTS BEAUTIFUL VERT ON RESTOCAL
crewcabirisbluecopy.jpg

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

I think this might be the colour Buster originally was
3593992.jpg

3593993.jpg

I like this one
2504983.jpg

& really like this one
Double_Cabin_Micro_04_by_atot806.jpg

and maybe this style sign writing ?
volkswagen-1959-Double-cab-finished-side.jpg

volkswagen-1959-Double-cab-finished-rear.jpg

Time for a bit of an update.............
a couple of weeks ago Rich came down to the unit to give a little help & advise, so we cleaned up the ends of the out riggers
bustersill015.jpg

& decided to cut out some more rot from the front wheel arch, together with the front jacking point & Rich fabricated a new top hat section
bustersill002.jpg

bustersill003.jpg

bustersill001.jpg

bustersill011.jpg

bustersill013.jpg

bustersill012.jpg

bustersill010.jpg

I managed to get an NOS sill for under the rear passenger door, last year at Stanford Hall & last week found another one , which will arrive this coming week, so I can use one on the long side to start to make the panels with the correct joins in. I also got an NOS front lower panel from Steve (Hot Rod) together with some parts from Schofields.
bustersill006.jpg

bustersill008.jpg

bustersill009.jpg

bustersill004.jpg

bustersill005.jpg

With Rich's spot welder we joined the inner & middle sills together
bustersill024.jpg

Yesterday I noticed the tab on the end of one of the out riggers was missing , so I cut back a bit & fabricated a new section & welded in to place............... & believe me as a novice this was a massive feeling of achievement :D
bustersill019.jpg

bustersill020.jpg

bustersill023.jpg

I then fitted , measured, checked the other side, repeated about 3 times then clamped up & spot & Mig welded the top hat, jacking point ,inner & middle sill into place & then I really was happy :D
bustersill025.jpg

bustersill028.jpg

bustersill026.jpg

bustersill027.jpg

Can't show you the weld's to closely, until I get the grinder out , to tidy them up a bit, but they do hold :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can't wait til next week now 8)

BO JANGLES said:
OPINIONS PLEASE BOYS & GIRLS
I'VE GOT A FEW IDEAS FOR BUSTER, BUT WOULD LIKE YOUR OPINIONS, I'M TRYING TO FINALISE THE DIRECTION THAT I'M HEADING IN . I LOVE THE STANDARD NEPTUNE BLUE DROPPED ON BRM'S & BLACK CANVAS, BUT LIKE TO DO MY OWN THING AS WITH MR. BO, SO I THOUGHT MAYBE ONE OF THE THREE BELOW, POSSIBLY WITH OR WITHOUT PERIOD SIGN WRITING & NOT SURE WHAT LOGO ON FINAL FINISH ?

ANTHRACITE GREY WITH DEEP RED CANVAS LIKE DARRELL BAKER '58 RAG TOP BUG
crewcabPORSCHEcopy.jpg

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

This is my vote but with a little spin. How about a white roof and white canvas? With the BRM's?

Picked up at Dubfreeze, my new battery tray that Ric at Schofields fabricated for me, looks good , so trial fit on Wednesday :wink:
matador003.jpg

Had a brilliant day today, first thing decided to cut out the vertical seam that I had left in place up until now as I wasn't sure if I could use it & wanted to use it for reference points.
Then cut the "B" post panel to fit & clamped the NOS lower sill in place.
crewcabsills001.jpg

crewcabsills002.jpg

I then took a replacement sill from Scofields & marked it up , then cut it allowing for returns to be bent into the ends to enable spot welded seams in the panels as it would have originally been, as these Crew Cab panels aren't made by anyone other than Gerson in the States, so I fancied having a go at making my own.
crewcabsills003.jpg

I then popped over to see Carl at Beetlebank for some much needed help & guidance, so I'm really greatful to him.
I came home with the panels almost finished, there's far more work than the finished articles look.
crewcabsills008.jpg

To bend the returns the curved panel obviously flatterned, we then had to reshape the panel, generally shrinking the return , but on some like this I had to shrink one side & stretch the other.
crewcabsills011.jpg

This panel will fold over the adjoining panel creating the outward seam like the one I cut out in the first picture.
crewcabsills009.jpg

& here is the panel that will sit above the lower sill section.
crewcabsills013.jpg

Sorry if the above is obvious to most of you but its the first time I've done it so it might help someone to know how I did it ? :wink:

Fantastic work dude 8)

Bet you are well chuffed with yourself :mrgreen:

I didn't have much time today, after getting Mr Bo mot'd & washing & polishing the vans for a wedding fayre tomorrow, but I did get down the unit long enough to clamp up the sills to check if I need to work on them any more before welding them in place, I'm pretty pleased just maybe a tiny bit of fettling ? :wink:
steeringwheel001.jpg

steeringwheel003.jpg

steeringwheel005.jpg

with Rich's kind permission, I'll borrow his spot welder again to spot along the seams at the back
steeringwheel008.jpg

steeringwheel009.jpg

& after chasing some petrol divider panels in the States to no avail I found these on VZI, so well pleased, they just need a tiny hole repaired
steeringwheel006.jpg

steeringwheel007.jpg

Down the unit today to fabricate the inner "B" & "C" posts, I had ordered the "B" post from Schofields but realised the crew cab is quite different to a bus, so it took all day just to do the two but really pleased with the results
busterbpost006.jpg

busterbpost007.jpg

busterbpost008.jpg

busterbpost009.jpg

busterbpost010.jpg

busterbpost011.jpg

busterbpost013.jpg

Down the unit again today, cut out a bit of rot in the step & patched one bit
charlie9140.jpg

charlie9142.jpg

charlie9151.jpg

First made a template to check all panels were accurately formed,
then with extra pair of hands (thanks BigBulli) spot welded these three panels together & did a bit of cutting. Had to stop then but nearly ready to have a go at joggling & weld them in, the other panels need a bit more shrinking & stretching :wink:
charlie9149.jpg

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Latest posts