"BUSTER BO JANGLES", '67 CREW CAB

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really pleased with the progress, the sills have gone in a treat with the panel gaps & folded outward seam lining up perfectly
crewcab031.jpg

crewcab029-1.jpg

& also fitted a new panel under the O/S front wheel arch
crewcab039.jpg

Did you buy a long split sill panel and mod it for the rear section with the flange or did you by it pre flanged?

Back at it again today, started getting the new battery tray fitted, then spot welded the NOS rear corner, really pleased, this week Buster started to look like its going forward, so I'm well pleased 8)
t4crewcab010.jpg

t4crewcab014.jpg

t4crewcab016.jpg

t4crewcab026.jpg

t4crewcab023.jpg

Looking good, can't wait for mine to get to this point :)

young_dubya said:
Did you buy a long split sill panel and mod it for the rear section with the flange or did you by it pre flanged?
I've been in touch with Karl at Autocraft, and he says that the sill section they sell for the Split crewcab, also fits a Bay, I'll be ordering a pair on Monday for mine, so will let you know ;)

Shit hot!! I was gunna ring him monday as theres a few bits i want from there anyway. Ill get um ordered monday! :D Cheers man.

young_dubya said:
Mine are standard bay sills from Schofields, I then cut & modded it, still got the other side to do,& looking forward to you boys posted some updates too !

Sorry if you've covered this already, but what are you doing about the inner cargo floor?

:)

moler said:
Sorry if you've covered this already, but what are you doing about the inner cargo floor?

I've got a replacement floor from schofields (the same as camper). I'm going to first finish a few bits then do the sills on the other side, before having the exposed lower & raised cargo floor metal work blasted, then etch primed & probably painted before welding the floor panels in.

BO JANGLES said:
moler said:
I've got a replacement floor from schofields (the same as camper). I'm going to first finish a few bits then do the sills on the other side, before having the exposed lower & raised cargo floor metal work blasted, then etch primed & probably painted before welding the floor panels in.
What are your plans for the door edge? do Schofields make this piece? a crewcabs door edge is a bit different to a camper :)

moler said:
BO JANGLES said:
moler said:
What are your plans for the door edge? do Schofields make this piece? a crewcabs door edge is a bit different to a camper :)
Do you mean the sill under the rear door or the bottom of the door ?

Well, Custom and Commercial show floors that go right to the edge, and apparently they are genuine, but pictures are of one floor, and it's reversed for the opposite side if you follow me. I've spoken to them and they are going to take new pictures and post them up on their site, if they look close I'm going for those (although I'm only using the front 15inches!!!) if not I'll get the ones off VWH and make an edge from scratch.

nice work.....i follow this thread with intrest/admiration...i shipped this bus for me and the reasons i sold are well documented.I`m so pleased that she`s ended up with " the right man" you are doing her proud.
As a side order ....does anyone in the world know of a rhd 68 crewcab? i`ve only ever seen one...this one...keep up the quality work and when you see buzz next say scott says " wasssssupppp" oh and tell johnny danger he`s a queen

A bit of an update, a new customers job came into the workshop, so I decided I needed more space, so after finishing the offside sills, I fully bare metalled him on that side & the front panel then sprayed with primer, ready to transport a few miles up the road to my second workshop, which Buster now shares with some good company ...............
jaz12154.jpg

jaz12146.jpg

jaz12151.jpg

& this is the area that is where I'll be making my Bus interiors instead of in my garage at home
jaz12149.jpg

here are some mock ups
crewcab020-2.jpg

crewcab021.jpg

& then yesterday started cut away the near side sills (crappy phone pics again)
DSC00113.jpg

& found alot of the outer sill salvageable, particularly the area where the sill folds on the outer seam
DSC00115.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00108.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

Latest posts